How Do I Edit the First Post in a Forum

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
sylviamb

Post by sylviamb »

Can someone help me out, please?

How do I edit the first post in a book forum? I'm the BC and the MC suggested there was an "edit" button in the upper right of the first post, but I can't see any button that says anything like "edit".

I looked for a wiki page on this topic and couldn't find anything.

Sylvia
Cori

Post by Cori »

Ah, you'll only be able to do that if you made the first post yourself. If someone else posted, then they (or any MC) would need to make the change. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
sylviamb

Post by sylviamb »

Thank you, Cori. I thought that might be the case. Now I know. I hate to add to the MC's work load so I thought I would do it myself (correct book summary), but that's just not gonna get it done. Oh, well.

Appreciate your help.

Sylvia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Actually, if it's the book summary, it's better to tell the MC anyway. The reason is that the summary was automatically added to the database entry for the project, and changing it in the first post won't change it in the database entry - the old one would show up in the catalog unless the MC changes the database entry. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart