weekly poem

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
bookworm2575W

Post by bookworm2575W »

I am preparing to record the weekly poem this Tues. This is my first time and I notice you are to include file duration, mm:ss
Where do I find these and what are they?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

when you record it it should tell you it's 1minute 21 secs or something long mm:ss for short . In Audacity there is a scale just above the recording waves,
It does let us see that all the file has reached us - sometimes the connection is wonky and bits get lost

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

FYI, the weekly poem will change as of today. The "frost tonight" poem is closed; there should be a new one soon (or already) in the Launch Pad.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
kayray

Post by kayray »

I usually forget to note the duration before I close my recording software. :oops:

On a mac, you can control-click (right-click), "get info", and see the duration of a file (and lots of other info). Windows might have a similar feature if you poke around.
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Yes, Windows will note the length of an MP3 file on the Details tab in file properties (Ctrl+Enter in Explorer). Also it might even show the length in the tooltip if you let the mouse cursor hover over the file in Explorer. Mac does it as well, I think.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please