update status

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Jennifer61

Post by Jennifer61 »

Hello everyone, i'm sorry i haven't been on in a while, as i have been ill, and then had to go to the hospital. i was there for about a week. but i am back and feeling much, much better. l
i still need to figure out how to make sure my microphone is working and to download the recording software. i also got all my wires checked and a new modem.
i am wondering if i need to download the recording software to proof listen, i'm thinking that i should maybe start with that? :?: :thumbs:
PS i have always been a good proof reader, so maybe i can do that first to get used to the system. what do you all think? thank you all for your support.
also is there anyone close to the arizona/nevada border near bullhead city, az and laughlin, nv?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Good to hear you're OK. :) PL'ing is a great way to get started!

You don't need to download the recording software to PL. You need an audio player that shows you the time stamp of where you are in the recording, and it's good as a PL (if you're checking newbie recordings, especially) to download the Checker program. It checks the tech specs (mono/stereo, bit rate, sample rate, etc) for you in an easy to use way.

It's here: http://cgjennings.ca/checker/

Here's the Proof-listening FAQ: viewtopic.php?p=318667#p318667
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart