Audacity Plug-In won't Enable

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
msfry

Post by msfry »

I downloaded the deClicker Effect and I installed it in Audacity Plug-ins. It shows up in my list of plug-ins, but when I try to Enable it from Add/Remove Plugins, it won't enable. I click Enable, but it keeps returning to a Disabled status and won't transfer to the Effects list. I've scoured the internet for solutions, but haven't found a thing. The same thing happens with Leveler.

Any suggestions? Should I remove Audacity and re-upload?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No idea. You might get more success asking on the Audacity forum.

https://www.audacityteam.org/contact/ (which has instructions on how to use their forum)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Check that you're clicking the Enable button on the bottom right of the dialogue box and not the Enabled radio button at the top right? Sorry if it sounds obvious but I got that wrong first time so thought it was worth checking...

Cheers,
Paul
msfry

Post by msfry »

Yes, I highlight the plugin I want to enable, then click the lower ENABLE/OKAY buttons. Go back and check, it still says DISABLED next to the plugin.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Have you tried it with another plug in to see if the problem is with Audacity or the De-Clicker plug-in?

Edit - Of course you did. Sorry - I should have read further back in the thread.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Are you able to open the declicker.ny file in something else? It's plain text so should open in Notepad on Windows or TextEdit on a Mac. If not, there could be a problem with the permissions on the Plug-Ins directory. If you can open them fine then I'm out of ideas but you could either try the address Tricia suggested or post a query on the Audacity forum at https://forum.audacityteam.org/index.php
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks Tricia and SkyRider. I posted my question to the Audacity Forum as you suggested. I will post their reply.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Any response from the Audacity folks yet? I'm curious.