deleting from Hudl 2 Android Tablet

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

A query from a listener ?
Wonderful concept and I am delighted but how does one delete a book from a Hudl 2 Android tablet?
I asked for more details and
As far as I can see I am downloading from The LibriVox site. I can listen to the books OK but when I have finished with them I cannot find any way to delete them. Thanks for your very prompt reply I just hope you have a solution. I have Googled for information but cannot find anything,
Anyone able to help ?

Anne
Cori

Post by Cori »

I don't have a Hudl (instead, a Lenovo Yoga 2) -- but one guess is ... if you are using the Play button on a LibriVox book page, like this one:

Then perhaps it's 'streaming' rather than 'downloading'. The difference is that in streaming, the tablet doesn't save the file, so you can listen immediately, rather than waiting for the whole file to download. This also means there will never be files to delete -- each one is contained temporarily within the browser, and is tidied away once you close that app. (It's like the YouTube app, or videos you watch on Facebook. :) )

If you really are downloading, that is, are saving the files from our site to play them back later, then I'd recommend using a File Manager (I've used this one for years.) That will let you look inside folders and delete MP3 files stored. I'd guess they'll be in the Downloads folder, but you can also sort by the folders most recently used, in case it's storing things in your browser folder by default.

Hope this helps, but if not, please do say and we'll try some other things!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Cori wrote: If you really are downloading, that is, are saving the files from our site to play them back later, then I'd recommend using a File Manager (I've used this one for years.) That will let you look inside folders and delete MP3 files stored. I'd guess they'll be in the Downloads folder, but you can also sort by the folders most recently used, in case it's storing things in your browser folder by default.
I second the recommendation of the File Manager app that Cori uses. I've have also used it for years on multiple different Android devices. When you open the app, you can choose audio under categories and any mp3 files that you have downloaded will be listed. Just press and hold on one of the files you want to delete. Then you can check next to each of the files you no longer want on your device and click delete to remove them all at once.
Jo