LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 20th, 2017, 2:37 pm

Post Posted:: September 1st, 2017, 7:57 pm 

I'm a DPL for a project - my first DPL assignment - and I've been able to click on the link to listen to the recordings, but I cannot download the Mp3s for more detailed listening and viewing of the recording. I heard from a DPL that I need to right click on the link in the MW. I have a MacBook Pro, and if I click on the right side of the pad, that should be a right click, but I get no option to save the Mp3 in any way. What do I do?
:help:

Post Posted:: September 2nd, 2017, 6:16 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

I will send you an alternate method via PM.

Post Posted:: September 2nd, 2017, 7:05 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

On Macs, don't you do a command-click or something to pull up the context menu? That's what you need to do: pull up the alternate menu and select the option to download it.

(Not sure what David is telling you via PM.) ;)

Fiction about jail atrocities: It Is Never too Late

Post Posted:: September 2nd, 2017, 7:39 am 

TriciaG wrote:
On Macs, don't you do a command-click or something to pull up the context menu? That's what you need to do: pull up the alternate menu and select the option to download it.

(Not sure what David is telling you via PM.) ;)

Hi Tricia,
I've tried doing a command click on my Mac. It doesn't pull up any context menu. On my MacBook Pro, the pad has capabilities for both left and right clicks, so I've tried that too. I read David's PM, and I'm going to try that process today.
Thank you for your help!
:D
Linda

Post Posted:: September 3rd, 2017, 1:57 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

I explained how to get to the upload folder listings. She was able to find the MaryAnn's folder and the files she wanted were there, but still ran into problems so it is not a problem specific to the Magic Window.

I am changing the title of this to show that the problem is likely MAC or MAC Pro related. Here is a more detailed description of her efforts she sent via PM in case a MAC user has some ideas.

Ealswythe wrote:
I used the link you gave me, which took me to a different page from what I normally see with the uploads. I did find MaryAnnSpiegel, and clicked on her file. The files of my DPL project were in the list. I clicked on one of them. It just gave me the same listen file as usual. I tried right clicking. Same thing. I tried Command Click. Same thing. I tried Save File in my drop down menu. It only allows me to save it as a web archive. I tried Share. It told me to choose a file of my own from my computer. I don't know how to actually save the file from the uploads link as mp3 onto my computer. Do you have a Mac? what do you do?

Any other direction would be appreciated!

Post Posted:: September 3rd, 2017, 2:44 am 

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-ab&q=download+mp3+files+on+macbook+pro&oq=download+mp3+files+on+macbook+pro&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i5i30k1.19130.21232.0.22304.6.6.0.0.0.0.279.1090.2-4.4.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..2.3.811...0i7i5i30k1.xsfGU-xqnx8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=586rWeOsFeSo8wfPxIDICQ

Post Posted:: September 3rd, 2017, 9:59 am 

carteki wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-ab&q=download+mp3+files+on+macbook+pro&oq=download+mp3+files+on+macbook+pro&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i5i30k1.19130.21232.0.22304.6.6.0.0.0.0.279.1090.2-4.4.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..2.3.811...0i7i5i30k1.xsfGU-xqnx8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=586rWeOsFeSo8wfPxIDICQ

Thank you so much for this link!! I found out what to do. I've been doing Command Click, but it has to be Control Click instead! I did that, and it downloaded the file immediately. I saved it to the Desktop, and successfully opened it up in Audacity!

Many, many thanks! :thumbs:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:9: