Musically Inclined BC Required - Life+50 or USA

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
carteki

Post by carteki »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66869

Long story short, but after planing to do volume 2 on JS Bach it turns out that it is not PD for the BC :(
I'm happy to co-bc if need be, but with all the music I am a bit out of my depth.
The music can be generated online using a site called www.musescore.org which we've used for another project and then edited into the text (like a DR).
If anyone is interested in working with me on the project please let me know.
Thanks
Kim
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

That is a really neat program! I'd never heard of it before. I just spent almost about hour playing with it, and I'm kind of starting to get the hang of it... Sort of. There's still plenty that I haven't figured out how to do. But let me keep playing with it for a little while, and try one or two more things (way past my bedtime right now as it is), and I may be able to handle the music parts for you.
carteki

Post by carteki »

Hi,
Jorwat is our resident expert on muscore but as he's in the UK this project is not PD for him. There is some music in Sikh Religion v5 [Solo] or any other pd music will be fine for you guys to work with if you want.
Cheers
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, I think I can handle inputting the musical scores, and I've already successfully exported one of them as flac. I'd also be able to edit those scores into the final chapter. The hard part, I think, will be the vocal parts. Of course, we may very well have some virtuosos here who can't wait to sing some Bach. But if you like, and if we have trouble finding singers here, I may be able to recruit some people to sing. I belong to a good-sized choir, and I don't want to brag, but we have some very talented and professional people who've done these kinds of works many times. (Last year, we presented portions of Handel's Messiah at Christmas.)

So, if you want to BC the readers, and I can do the music stuff, I think this will work.
carteki

Post by carteki »

Sounds like a plan :clap:
You don't need to record all the music if anyone else signs up, they can help, but I would like you to edit the chapters just in case the pieces are renamed / out of order.
Can you sign up as co-BC in the project thread? Hopefully someone will find us and take us on.
Cheers