LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 21st, 2017, 1:46 am

Post Posted:: August 9th, 2017, 1:46 pm 

The proof-listener for one of my solos is finding that when she tries to download one of my corrected files for spot PL, she's seeing the original, unedited file. I've checked that the edited file is actually on the server by downloading it myself.

I know that once this could have been due to a browser using an old file of the same name from its cache, to save on download time, but I don't know if that still happens, with more efficient browsers and improved bandwidth available. How can we find out what's happening?

Thanks,
Peter

Post Posted:: August 9th, 2017, 1:52 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

I don't know. That's weird.

You could name it something different, putting it in the MW that way. Then at cataloging time remind your MC to fix file names. (It's one or two clicks to rename all the files correctly, so it's not a huge deal if you don't have them all perfect at cataloging time.)

Fiction about jail atrocities: It Is Never too Late

Post Posted:: August 9th, 2017, 3:17 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Peter Why wrote:
I know that once this could have been due to a browser using an old file of the same name from its cache, to save on download time, but I don't know if that still happens, with more efficient browsers and improved bandwidth available. How can we find out what's happening?

Thanks,
Peter

Yes, it still happens to me. It happened just today and I had to clear recent history to get the updated file. But I am not using the newest Firefox version.

Post Posted:: August 9th, 2017, 4:19 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

TriciaG wrote:
I don't know. That's weird.

You could name it something different, putting it in the MW that way. Then at cataloging time remind your MC to fix file names. (It's one or two clicks to rename all the files correctly, so it's not a huge deal if you don't have them all perfect at cataloging time.)

That's a good idea for this . I always rename the files anyhow just in case something slipped through. But it would be good to fix it for her

Anne

Post Posted:: August 9th, 2017, 4:52 pm 

I had this happen to me using Firefox a few weeks ago. I switched to Chrome and was able to download the file correctly, so it was clearly a Firefox thing.

Post Posted:: August 10th, 2017, 2:56 am 

Thanks, everyone; this has been sorted out with a change in browser.

Peter