Adding to Audacity

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
GillH

Post by GillH »

Hi.
Is it possible to add a section to the end of a recording?
I've looked it up and all I can see is making a new mono track and merging the two into a stereo track, but we don't want this.
Any ideas or am I stuffed?

G :help:
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Hi GillH...

Does holding shift down when pressing record (or pressing Shift-R) do what you're after?

Cheers,
Paul
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I learned almost everything I know from this one video (ok, not quite everything): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NuSuWYaWg&feature=youtu.be

In this video, Phil records a new mono track, then copies part of the new recording that he wants, pastes it into the existing track, then deletes the extraneous second track.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SkyRider wrote:Hi GillH...

Does holding shift down when pressing record (or pressing Shift-R) do what you're after?

Cheers,
Paul
I've never tried this! I might have to give it a go next time.
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

I edit my recordings on the fly. As such, I am constantly stopping my recording to cut things out. To restart, I press pause then shift-record, and it automatically starts at the end of the same track. For swapping lines I do copy and paste from a new mono track and then delete the extra track. What I do is place the play line at the beginnimg of the section I want to rerecord, then I press pause and record (opens a new track) and I mute the original track so I dont hear it while recording. This allows me to compare the length and the volume and such. Sometimes I am replacomg lines after PL notes on a recordomg that I have amplified amd so knowing the level is slightly lower allows me to amplify just that section.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
GillH

Post by GillH »

Thanks a lot, everyone!