How to join a dramatic reading in progress

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
garyleosmith

Post by garyleosmith »

I'm new to Librivox and would like to give the more dramatic books a try. I haven't found an answer as to how to claim a section in a project that's underway and fit my read into the flow. Characters, styles and voice are established. Is there no way I can listen to what's been done before?

Gary Leo Smith
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

If you've chosen the part you'd like to read, post in the thread for the project and ask for that part.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No, not really. The parts are all submitted separately, so you can't really feel the "flow" until it's done.
I haven't found an answer as to how to claim a section in a project that's underway and fit my read into the flow.
Claiming is easy; read the first post in the project thread. It says how to claim (usually it's just to post, saying that you'd like to do Role X).

Fitting into the flow is more the part of the editor who stitches it all together. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Gary,

I've listened to a number of completed dramatic books and its amazing how well things fit together considering that each reader is recording in isolation. When reading parts for these projects, I try to get a sense for my character, and then just read in character -- adding life to what the character is saying based on what's going on, but trying not to overact (unless your character is someone who would be overacting or over reacting!)

Go ahead and give it a go! Feel free to ask for feedback when you submit your parts.

MaryAnn
garyleosmith

Post by garyleosmith »

Thanks for the helpful comments and suggestions.
GLS