How to delete Librivox books from iphone Librivox app?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
KeithThomas

Post by KeithThomas »

I have an iphone 6 and have the Librivox app. I love the app, I love the books, of course, but when I'm done with a download I want it to go away, I want its electrons to return to wherever they came from. I can painstakingly delete each downloaded chapter but the book is still cluttering up my Librivox app, and, while I'm quite proud of the books I've listened to I do want it to be gone. I also suspect, from my memory usage, that they're are still busy using up my storage, even after I delete the individual chapters. How do I delete whole books?
Thanks,
Keith
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

From my understanding, you would actually have to contact the app developer with this question. LibriVox doesn't provide or manage any apps, we just record audiobooks and make them available online in the public domain. From there, anyone can take those recordings and do whatever they want with them, including build an app to play them. And since not even the name "LibriVox" is copyrighted, they can call the app LibriVox, which, yes, is confusing, because it's not made by the same people.

Is that right, admins? I'm pretty sure I saw this response on a similar question some time ago, but I don't want to spread misinformation, if not.
kayray

Post by kayray »

Correct. We don't make ANY apps, even the ones called "librivox". We just make audiobooks. Contact your app developer for help :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
KeithThomas

Post by KeithThomas »

Well, that was helpful. I simply deleted the app and saved 600 MB. The next book I listen to I'll reload it, if it seems useful. Not that hard.
Thanks,
K