Librivox Uploader Issues

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
MistaTim

Post by MistaTim »

Hi Guys,

So, I uploaded an audio segment to the uploader and everything worked fine. I got some critiques back on the audio segment and went to upload a revised version the next day and an error message popped up after the upload. It says "The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed" and the cause is "undefined." I haven't changed my specs on the audiofile export from the previous version, and the uploader won't allow me to upload another audiofile for a different section of the project I'm working on now too. It gives me the same error message. Both files are mp3s and I've exported new versions of them and they still won't upload. The playback on both of them is fine so there seems to be no corruption. I'm using Adobe Audition CS 5.5. as my DAW.

I hope someone can help me resolves this issue. Thank you for your time guys.

- Tim Neilson.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

1. Had you left the uploader page open for a long time? It could be that your login timed out. Refresh the page and log in again.

2. Did you add any ID tags (metadata)? Strip it out and try again.
MistaTim

Post by MistaTim »

Um, just the tag I was suppose to label it as by my M.C. However, I have not tried a different label let me try.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Tags are different than file names. Use the file naming structure, but don't put anything in for author, title, etc. :)
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

I had similar problems trying to create mp3 files from Audition (I was using CS5 rather than CS5.5) and ended up exporting the files and re-importing into Audacity to apply ReplayGain then MP3 encode it. More knowledgeable people than me suggested to me that the problem was down to Audition's tagging; I've not tried again now that we don't need to manually tag our files anymore but there's certainly a problem with MP3s produced by Audition.

It is a bit of a faff but it works. Even if Audition's MP3 tags are fixed, I think I'd still need to carry on doing this to get the loudness right. You can adjust LUFS to a certain level in Audition which seems to approximate ReplayGain but it's never exactly right.

Cheers,
Paul