A USBMIC1 by Stadium that echoes non-stop...Please Help!

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
CaptainFelix1368

Post by CaptainFelix1368 »

Hi Guys & Gals!

I have a microphone made by Stadium called USBMIC1. However, everytime I record there's an echo that persists that I'm unable to manage or fix. I've talked this over many times with Sonia (Elizabby) & she's out of ideas behind why the echoes persist, so Sonia referred me here to ask for help. I own a laptop which is on a small desk but even when I place the laptop on 1 end & the mic on the other, the echo is just as bad. I've checked within the program that came with the mic, but most of its just gobbledegook to me. If anyone out there is technical enough to help me with this problem, I'd really appreciate it. I spent $89 AUD on it & I don't want that type of cash to go down the proverbial.

With thx. :thumbs:
Theo van Mierlo
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Could you a) supply a short sample recording, and b) tell us more about your set-up, please? Are you using Audacity? My first thought was that you might have had had your voice coming back out of your speakers as you recorded .... and recorded again - but I'm not a sound engineer and don't know how possible this is.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
DaleInTexas

Post by DaleInTexas »

I am thinking like Peter. More information about your equipment and recording software would be helpful.

When I read that you are on a laptop, I want to know if it has a built-in mic and did you disable it, so that your operating system only sees the USB mic?
Dale
Dale Latham
Down on the Poor Farm
https://twitter.com/dalelatham