RePosting old contributions

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
roeg11

Post by roeg11 »

I've just listened to a couple of projects I did years ago (Gertrude Stein) and realize how much better I am now at eliminating the clicks, mouth noises, and breaths. So I'd like to reprocess those files into a more professional sounding presentation (partly so that I can use links to them to promote myself),
Is that possible? As the producer, can I download, edit and repost my contributions?
Thanks
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No - not only is it a ton of work for the MC, but keep in mind that the audio files have been "out there" and propagated to other sites, sources, apps, etc. There's no getting the genie back into the bottle.

You can, of course, reprocess them and post them elsewhere, but we won't replace an entire project. Sorry!

How about recording a new project? :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
roeg11

Post by roeg11 »

Yes, I understand completely. And I may download and do that--and not try to repost.
Thanks for the quick answer!
g
kayray

Post by kayray »

You could make your own account at archive.org and post your edited files there. :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
RecordingPerson

Post by RecordingPerson »

Just curious here; sorry if I'm butting in.

As it's OK to re-record something that someone else has recorded before, is it OK to re-record something that you yourself has recorded before, but as a new recording? Not replacing the old one, but being a brand new Librivox 'edition'?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Not really, what point would there be in that , it certainly wouldn't contribute to our objective.

There are times when people have read a chapter for a group project and decide they would like to read the whole thing as a solo and they then reread that chapter as part of the Solo.

Anne