Need help with posting audio file

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Kreager

Post by Kreager »

Hello,

I'm new here and I have yet to post my test recording. I'm struggling to post the mp3 file. I have read the page on posting the audio files, but because I'm very bad with technology, I was really confused. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Hello Kreager,

What specifically got your confused on that page? Could you perhaps point out those things? Then we could try explaining in detail.

If you have your MP3 file, do you know where it is on your computer?

When you click on the uploader link, does it take you to the login? Have you tried giving it the right credentials:
Image Keep in mind that you need to type those words instead of your username and your password. (We don't put those words verbatim in the forum to prevent harvesting by search engines, what you see here is a picture). All lowercase letters, the only number there is the '2'.

When you supply the credentials, does it show you the page where you can select "MC"? There should be three buttons, the green, the blue, and the yellow. First, you click on the green button and locate the file on your computer and select it, then click 'Open' on the Browse dialog.

The file should then appear at the bottom of the page. You then select the 'mc' by choosing from the list provided. For tests choose 'tests -- tests'.

With those two things accomplished (mc 'tests' selected and the file added), click the blue button. The uploader will upload the file and replace the name of the file with a link. Copy that link to clipboard (or write it down on the piece of paper). It will look something like "https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/<thefilename>" where <thefilename> will be the name of the MP3 you uploaded.

Once you have the link, post a new topic in 'Listeners & Editors Wanted' forum and supply the link in that post.

Again, do describe how far you actually can get and do ask specific questions.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Kreager

Post by Kreager »

Hi tovarisch,

Thanks for the post. I'm haven't gotten as far as all that haha. I went into the upload page and tried to login, but it keep saying I'm giving the wrong username and or password. I used the same login as I do for the forum. Is that correct?
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

No, the login is in the white image tovarish posted above.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kreager

Post by Kreager »

Ah, silly me. Would you mind typing it out as I'm visually impaired. Thanks!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Can't do that for security reasons. I'll send you a pm.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kreager

Post by Kreager »

Thanks mate.