no export option

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
sarita2

Post by sarita2 »

Hello,

I am brand new here, and I was going over the video to make sure my settings are correct for recording. However, when I got to the part about going under file, export, I saw that I didn't have an export option that was lit up. I had the following listed, but not lit up as options:

export audio
export selected audio
export labels
export multiples
export MIDI

Any ideas on what is wrong? Thanks, and sorry if it is a really elementary question... :?
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

You mention you were checking your settings for recording; until you actually record something, the export options will not be lit up as there is nothing to export. Is that of help?
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
sarita2

Post by sarita2 »

Thanks, I thought of that and tried to record something, but it didn't pick up any sound. So I guess I need to mess around with that first. But I am glad to know for sure that I need to have something recorded first. Thank you!
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Well, technically in order to export you don't need to record, you just need some audio. You can get audio in Audacity by importing it from, say, an MP3 file. Try dragging an MP3 file and dropping it onto the Audacity window.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please