Changing my catalog name

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
jmoon110

Post by jmoon110 » December 11th, 2016, 7:11 am

I'd like to change my catalog name to my "real" name.
-- How can I do that?
-- If I do, can readers still find my previous recordings under the new name?

Please advise.
Thank you.

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » December 11th, 2016, 8:46 am

Either post here what you want your catalog name to be or pm any admin and they can change it for you.

All your recordings will appear under the new catalog name in the LV catalog. Any previously cataloged recordings will still be associated with you original catalog at archive.org (where our files are stored) or anywhere else they have ended up online (in non-LV apps, other websites that link to or use our recordngs, etc.).
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

jmoon110

Post by jmoon110 » December 11th, 2016, 2:19 pm

knotyouraveragejo wrote:Either post here what you want your catalog name to be or pm any admin and they can change it for you.
Thanks for responding so quickly, Jo!!
I'd like to change my catalog name to "Jeff Moon."

Thank you very much and have a very Merry Christmas!
Jeff

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » December 11th, 2016, 2:48 pm

Merry Christmas to you too, Jeff.

I've changed your catalog name -

https://librivox.org/reader/10436
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 » July 1st, 2018, 12:46 pm

We have recently changed our surname back to the original family spelling.
I would like to request a change of my catalog name (currently CJ Plog).

The new spelling is CJ Plogue

Thanks in advance!!
CJ
Kind Regards!
CJ

My Librivox Contributions

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » July 1st, 2018, 12:57 pm

gibhere2 wrote:
July 1st, 2018, 12:46 pm
We have recently changed our surname back to the original family spelling.
I would like to request a change of my catalog name (currently CJ Plog).

The new spelling is CJ Plogue

Thanks in advance!!
CJ
Changed.
Christmas Lore: LINK
Proofs the Earth Isn't a Globe: LINK
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries

gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 » July 4th, 2018, 3:44 pm

Thank you!! :)
Kind Regards!
CJ

OCTL7

Post by OCTL7 » March 22nd, 2019, 9:20 am

Hi, I would like to change my catalog name to my username OCTL7.
Thanks so much! :)
-------oOOo--oo------Oo----------

\
(
9<
/) )
_L___§___\|/__§______\|/_____§_______§§_
"For want of a bird / The sky was lost" -- Tom Waits

chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic » March 22nd, 2019, 9:40 am

OCTL7 wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 9:20 am
Hi, I would like to change my catalog name to my username OCTL7.
Done: https://librivox.org/reader/10889
Laurie Anne

OCTL7

Post by OCTL7 » March 23rd, 2019, 11:12 am

Thanks so much! :D
-------oOOo--oo------Oo----------

\
(
9<
/) )
_L___§___\|/__§______\|/_____§_______§§_
"For want of a bird / The sky was lost" -- Tom Waits

elspeth62

Post by elspeth62 » May 1st, 2019, 7:08 pm

Hello,

I've just recently received my welcome email, and as I am going through the checklist, I realize I may have a problem. Through upcoming court proceedings, my legal name will change. Should I wait to get productive until after the name change?

It seems like a smart move, but since I read this forum, perhaps not. I just don't know enough about this community to know how far-reaching a name change is. I'll keep the same user name, though.

Thanks in advance for your help.

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » May 1st, 2019, 7:26 pm

elspeth62 wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 7:08 pm
Hello,

I've just recently received my welcome email, and as I am going through the checklist, I realize I may have a problem. Through upcoming court proceedings, my legal name will change. Should I wait to get productive until after the name change?

It seems like a smart move, but since I read this forum, perhaps not. I just don't know enough about this community to know how far-reaching a name change is. I'll keep the same user name, though.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Somebody may come along with a better answer than me, but here are my thoughts. I am in a sort of similar situation to you. I am hoping to get a legal name change in a few years, but I need to wait for a few things before I proceed. Luckily, for our catalog and in our recordings, we do not need to use our legal names. Some people do, some people use a pseudonym, some use merely their forum names. For me, I don't use my legal name, but the one I hope to change it to later on. You could do the same thing if you wished. What will happen, is after you pass your one minute test, you will find a nice section or two to record, preferably in a group project to get the run of this place. When you claim your first section, you will need to provide the coordinator of the project with the name that you wish to appear. So by all means you could choose your new name with zero problems whatsoever. That being said, if you wanted to keep your legal name in there for now and change it later, an admin can always do that for you. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions :mrgreen:

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » May 1st, 2019, 7:44 pm

It is possible to change your forum name if there is a really good reason to do it, catalogue names are easier. Our files go everywhere so all we can really change is what is in the catalogue, if things are already running loose they won't change.
I'm not exactly sure what you want to change, if you explain (using made up names if you wish), I could answer less generally and point you in the right direction

Anne

gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 » May 2nd, 2019, 6:06 am

I did a legal name change recently and had to update here on Librivox. It was pretty quick and seamless once I put in the request. It seemed to be retroactive on the Librivox platform. Meaning: all works that I had done had the correct spelling.

Where it could be a problem is if someone takes the work you do here and uses it on another site. I have some readings that have been put on youtube. The Librivox information and my name have been removed and no credit given. :hmm: No need to worry about how they spell my name.
Kind Regards!
CJ

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » May 2nd, 2019, 6:13 am

Everything we do is taken to other sites, one way or another. They are on youtube within minutes of cataloguing, they are on the various apps. Well, certainly the English ones are.
My query was about the catalogue name change - as far as I can see she doesn't have one at present so it can't be changed :D . You can use anything as your catalogue name, and if you don't give one your forum name will be used , so you just need to do your test , then start recording and don't give a catalogue name when asked unless you are ready to, then when you do want one just ask in the project thread you are in.
If that's not what you wanted to know just post here

Anne