An Adobe Audition trick

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
tanzaku

Post by tanzaku » January 19th, 2007, 7:53 am

I use Adobe Audition as my software for recording and it does a neat thing I thought I would pass on in case others could use it.

While recording, I can insert a visible "marker" in the time line -- without stopping the recording -- by simply pressing a key. (The default is the F8 key, but I remapped it to the number-pad + key so it was easier to find.) While I am reading, when (notice I did not say "if" :lol: ) I make a mistake I simply press the "insert marker" key and read the passage correctly. When finished, I know that each visible marker in the file indicates a place I need to edit out a bit of flubbed audio (just before the marker) to correct the file. The markers appear in the wav timeline as a vertical, red, dashed line that are easy to see and much faster to locate than a spiked wav from a loud click or clap. Easy, simple, and fast! Best of all, it makes the editing process go very quickly and smoothly.

Brooks

kayray
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kayray » January 19th, 2007, 9:23 am

Hey, good idea! I use SoundStudio, and I think it'll drop markers too.
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)

timberwolfmage

Post by timberwolfmage » January 19th, 2007, 9:31 am

Awesome! After reading this, I went into Audacity, and it does it too, at least in the version on this computer (which is not my recording computer, but still...), if you hit Ctrl-M while recording. A little flag pops up in a track underneath. Sweeeeeeet!
-- [url=http://www.trekandromeda.com][b]Rosalind Wills[/b][/url]

djaquay

Post by djaquay » January 19th, 2007, 10:52 am

timberwolfmage wrote:Awesome! After reading this, I went into Audacity, and it does it too, at least in the version on this computer (which is not my recording computer, but still...), if you hit Ctrl-M while recording. A little flag pops up in a track underneath. Sweeeeeeet!
Too cool! I've been saying I need to learn more about Audacity...

Dave