Is anyone using a Blue Yeti mike with a Mac computer?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
ppcunningham

Post by ppcunningham »

Maybe this will help - I had a similar problem with a different setup and had to configure the mic using the mac midi set-up.

It can be found here:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/User:BillWharrie/OSX_and_USB_input_devices#Using_Audio_Midi_Setup

Just scroll down to where it says midi set-up.

Which mac are you using?
The trouble with life isn't that there is no answer, it's that there are so many answers. Ruth Benedict

Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema

My Page
OmniumGatherum

Post by OmniumGatherum »

Thanks for the link. I'll work my way through it this afternoon, hopefully with luck. I'm using a Mac OS X 10.6.8.
OmniumGatherum

Post by OmniumGatherum »

That was successful as far as it went. I can now record and the peaks and valleys stay when I stop; however, when I try to play back, I can see the bar running across the peaks and valleys and I can see the meter responding at the top, but I get no sound. And the sound goes away on iTunes and on uTube and every other sound making thing. The sound only comes back when I unplug the microphone. Anybody have any other ideas?
carolb

Post by carolb »

I'm a yeti-but-not-a-mac user.
Have you tried changing the Speaker option in Audacity?

Carol
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

All sorts of possible explanations in this Apple forum thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2794785?tstart=0

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
ppcunningham

Post by ppcunningham »

OmniumGatherum wrote:That was successful as far as it went. I can now record and the peaks and valleys stay when I stop; however, when I try to play back, I can see the bar running across the peaks and valleys and I can see the meter responding at the top, but I get no sound. And the sound goes away on iTunes and on uTube and every other sound making thing. The sound only comes back when I unplug the microphone. Anybody have any other ideas?
Did you try plugging headphones into the mic itself to listen back?
The trouble with life isn't that there is no answer, it's that there are so many answers. Ruth Benedict

Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema

My Page