Need Uploader help? (was: Report Uploader Errors)

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Cori

Post by Cori »

I think it is the ID3 tagging. I used the little LV-specific program http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker to update the ID3 tags, making no other changes to the file, and then it uploaded fine.

The URL's https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_orangecat.mp3 if you'd like to post that to the Listeners & Editors forum for feedback while we get this sorted. :D I think it's best to avoid any tags through Adobe Audition (it's putting in the year) and use a different program for that instead.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Actually ID tags are not needed with our new system; the software overwrites anything you have entered as tags anyway. It's probably best -- and certainly easiest -- if you don't add any tags at all. The instructions to add tags are unfortunately still in the templates that you will see in the first posts of project threads (we can't change the template at the source yet), but it is safe for you to ignore that part.
Laurie Anne
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I'm getting an error when I try to upload (same error on Chrome and Firefox):

Error: Fiddler - Send Failure

Is our forum violinist on strike? LOL
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

What kind of file is it?

Could you upload it to something like http://ge.tt and post the link? That way I can try uploading it also.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Just a plain ol' MP3 file...here it is: http://ge.tt/9pTmdod1/v/0?c
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

after a half hour of trying, it finally uploaded. The violinist must be back :lol:
Ruulgo

Post by Ruulgo »

Hello,
The up-loader does not recognize my user name and password.
Logged out of LibriVox and tried again, same issue.
Logged back in and tried one more time.... Same thing happened.

Have ? forgotten to do something with my profile? :oops:
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

You'll need to use the generic uploader password that can be found in any first post of a project thread. The forum password does not work there.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
anaNR

Post by anaNR »

Hello,

I have been trying to upload a file for several days using several browsers (Firefox and Chrome), but with no success!

Here's the info I can provide you, hoping you will be able to help me out. Thanks in advance!

Platform/Operating System : Windows 8
Connection type/upload speed: dsl
Browser/version: Firefox29.0.1, Chrome (I don't know what version)
Number of files in upload: 1
File size of files with errors: 5.045 ko
Error message : I typically get a "null" error message, but I think I also got an "Error SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character" message once.

Best,
ananr
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

A few possible causes:
  1. Make sure that you have Javascript enabled, because the Uploader won't work without it.
  2. Make sure that you have selected an MC from the drop-down menu.
  3. What size is the file? The size limit is 100MB.
  4. Make sure that it is a valid MP3 file.
  5. If you get one of the following messages:
    SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character (Firefox)
    SyntaxError: Unexpected token (Chrome)
    reload the uploader page to make absolutely sure that you are logged in, and upload again. This error seems to occur when you have become logged out unbeknown to you, perhaps a program updating in the background might be the cause.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
anaNR

Post by anaNR »

Hi RuthieG,

Thanks for your help, but it is still not working...
RuthieG wrote:
  1. Make sure that you have Javascript enabled, because the Uploader won't work without it. It is enabled.
  2. Make sure that you have selected an MC from the drop-down menu. I have. The page will send me a message otherwise, before I am able to start downloading.
  3. What size is the file? The size limit is 100MB. It is 5.17 MB
  4. Make sure that it is a valid MP3 file. How can I know? I have checked the specs again. Everything seems correct.
  5. If you get one of the following messages:
    SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character (Firefox)
    SyntaxError: Unexpected token (Chrome)
    reload the uploader page to make absolutely sure that you are logged in, and upload again. This error seems to occur when you have become logged out unbeknown to you, perhaps a program updating in the background might be the cause.
I normally get a "null" message, saying that only 5.04 KB have been uploaded of the total 5.17 MB .

Ruth
I had no problem uploading my 1 min test, and I have not done any changes till then, but I do no know if it is comparable.
Grrrr.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Does it have ID3 tags, and if so, can you try removing them completely and trying again?

I'm sorry for the bother! Once we get it straightened out, I hope it won't be a problem again. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Just so we can be sure that it did not actually upload, what is the file name and to which MC folder are you uploading? It is normal for the Uploader to report file size in kb instead of mb (a bug that we are at present not able to fix, unfortunately).
Laurie Anne
anaNR

Post by anaNR »

Hi again,
Cori wrote:Does it have ID3 tags, and if so, can you try removing them completely and trying again?
I'm sorry for the bother! Once we get it straightened out, I hope it won't be a problem again. :D
No, it has no ID3 tags.
Sorry to bother you with this...
chocoholic wrote: Just so we can be sure that it did not actually upload, what is the file name and to which MC folder are you uploading? It is normal for the Uploader to report file size in kb instead of mb (a bug that we are at present not able to fix, unfortunately).
Name of the file: cienmejorespoesías_86_menendezypelayo.mp3
MC folder: gypsygirl
Project: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=49305

Thanks again.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

AHA! Remove the accented I in the file name - make it an unaccented i. That's probably the problem.

The file uploaded (7 times), but the uploader gave an error due to the unrecognized character.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart