Found help from a French language reader

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
nickbulka

Post by nickbulka »

Tlaloc wrote:Hello Nick
I uploaded the french reading to Kilted Dragon, your MC for this bizarre project.
I read it three times. First french with pauses between each line, then french without pauses and finally the whole text, french and english mixed. It is not far from being pure nonsense! 8-)
Enjoy reading the rest of the bizarreries.
Herman
Thanks Herman.
What are the file names?

regards
nick
-nick
-------------------------------
Cori

Post by Cori »

There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
nickbulka

Post by nickbulka »

-nick
nickbulka

Post by nickbulka »

Herman,
Here is the completed chapter. Please review and make sure I did things correctly.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/bizarre_06_mackall.mp3

I can imagine how bizarre this must sound in French, to a person who knows nothing of baseball and/or American slang. But I think that's exactly what the author intended.

once again, many thanks for your help!
-nick
Tlaloc

Post by Tlaloc »

It is all perfect for me Nick. The switching between the two languages restores a sustained rythm in this imaginary game :clap: . I even have the impression that I begin to understand baseball. (but I may be -and am surely - wrong).
Have a nice time recording the rest of the book. I liked very much doing this together with you. :D
Herman
nickbulka

Post by nickbulka »

Tlaloc wrote:It is all perfect for me Nick. The switching between the two languages restores a sustained rythm in this imaginary game :clap: . I even have the impression that I begin to understand baseball. (but I may be -and am surely - wrong).
Have a nice time recording the rest of the book. I liked very much doing this together with you. :D
Herman
Thank you, my friend. I enjoyed it as well. :D
Next time you're in the Boston area during the summer/early autumn, let me know. I'll treat you to a baseball game! :thumbs:

warm regards.
nick
-nick