Spanish Children's Books

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
elsilla

Post by elsilla »

Hello,

I'm a newbie here. I am excited to join this community.

I am looking to record children's books for children with disabilities in Spanish (I am bilingual).

I have a few questions for the community:

* How can I find Spanish books in the public domain?
* I have a few stories translated to Spanish from Oscar Wilde and others which are currently in public domain. Can I record these without getting into trouble?

Moms of disabled children are also willing to volunteer recording for this project.

Look forward to hearing from you guys.
Thanks!
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

elsilla wrote:Hello,

I'm a newbie here. I am excited to join this community.
Welcome - We're delighted to have you!
elsilla wrote:I am looking to record children's books for children with disabilities in Spanish (I am bilingual).

I have a few questions for the community:

* How can I find Spanish books in the public domain?
First, there should be a new volume of Spanish Aesop''s Fables opening up in the "REaders Wanted - Short Works" forum soon. Send a PM to fae! She'll be delighted you're interested.

Second, there's some Spanish language books over at Project Gutenberg: http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/languages/es
elsilla wrote:* I have a few stories translated to Spanish from Oscar Wilde and others which are currently in public domain. Can I record these without getting into trouble?
You'll have to specifically dedicate those translations to the public domain; I'll let others who know how to do that point you in the right direction. (I'm assuming you DID do the translations yourself, and that the original stories are public domain; I think most everything of Oscar Wilde's is, but do double-check.)
elsilla wrote:Moms of disabled children are also willing to volunteer recording for this project.
Drag 'em in, by all means! :D

-Catharine
elsilla

Post by elsilla »

Thank you for the prompt reply!
(I'm assuming you DID do the translations yourself, and that the original stories are public domain; I think most everything of Oscar Wilde's is, but do double-check.)
Actually no, these are official Spanish translations. I just want to be able to read them.
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

hi elsilla,
we'll just have to confirm that the translations are public domain - don;t want to have any copyright troubles. normally if they are published (and translated) prior to 1923 they should be ok.

welcome!
fae

Post by fae »

Hola elsilla!

Welcome to LV. I am happy to hear you want to record some Spanish works. :)

There are few ways to find things in the public domain in Spanish. You could try Project Gutenburg or Wikipedia for a start.

There are other online sites that offer PD work but it's always best to check the status with them first.

I will have the Fabulas de Esopo Volume 4 up this week so if you want to have a try at recording something short, just to test everything out, please jump right in.

-Fedra