Help with a story

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

I have completed a short story ready to upload but just some questions.
1. Length 90 min, is this too long to post for Vol. 008? if it is which section do I post it in.
2. It also consists of 13 small chapters, should I split this into 2 and tag it (1 & 2)?

Thank you for any help on these, would be appreciated :roll:
I'm sure I will get it right eventually.
[b]There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet.[/b]
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

It's a bit long for the short story collections. What I would recommend is splitting it into sections -- either along with the 13 chapters or into 2 or 3 sections as you think is appropriate -- and doing it as a solo project. Both of my latest solo books have been no more than 90 minutes listening time, so that's completely okay.

Heck, I will even MC for you. :)
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

Caeristhiona wrote:It's a bit long for the short story collections. What I would recommend is splitting it into sections -- either along with the 13 chapters or into 2 or 3 sections as you think is appropriate -- and doing it as a solo project. Both of my latest solo books have been no more than 90 minutes listening time, so that's completely okay.

Heck, I will even MC for you. :)
I thought as much, That would be great and thank you!!!!!, we all have to start some where don't we. :D
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

luciburg wrote:I thought as much, That would be great and thank you!!!!!, we all have to start some where don't we. :D
Just go ahead and set up the thread in "Solo Projects" and I will be over right away. :D
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

Just go ahead and set up the thread in "Solo Projects" and I will be over right away. :D[/quote]

Might take a little while as I still have to split the file and upload etc.
Also just read up on "Solo Projects" Thanks again
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

luciburg wrote:Might take a little while as I still have to split the file and upload etc.
Also just read up on "Solo Projects" Thanks again
Fine with me -- but just so you know, you don't have to have the project totally uploaded to set up the thread. Most of the projects over there are in progress. When they're completed, they get moved elsewhere.
-- Jeffrey Rowland