Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 7:32 pm

Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39

Post Posted:: July 8th, 2017, 6:36 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Peter Why wrote:
Just a minor query; I've always found it mildly irritating when Audacity selects the whole of a recording when I accidentally hold the mouse down too long, or double-tap it, when I'm editing. I know that this is a "feature", but is is possible to switch it off?

Peter

Yep. That bothered me too Peter so I turned it off. Edit>Preferences>Mouse. it is in there.

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

Post Posted:: July 8th, 2017, 6:38 am 

You did, how? Edit -> Preferences... -> Mouse displays a table, titled "Mouse Bindings (default values, not configurable)" (emphasis mine). :|

Post Posted:: July 8th, 2017, 6:48 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

tovarisch wrote:
You did, how? Edit -> Preferences... -> Mouse displays a table, titled "Mouse Bindings (default values, not configurable)" (emphasis mine). :|

It sure does say that but I did it somehow! I am using an older version of Audacity perhaps that is why it does not select the whole track any more. ??

Post Posted:: July 9th, 2017, 11:49 am 

I hadn't known that was where the shortcuts was stored .... but they are "non-configurable" for me, too. Thanks for your answers.
Peter

Post Posted:: July 9th, 2017, 1:47 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Peter Why wrote:
I hadn't known that was where the shortcuts was stored .... but they are "non-configurable" for me, too. Thanks for your answers.
Peter

Peter. Sorry for the misinformation.

Post Posted:: July 25th, 2017, 6:54 pm 

ColleenMc wrote:
This is probably a really basic problem as I'm a newbie, but I am trying to re-record a paragraph that was accidentally cut out (it's gone, not on clipboard or anything) when previously editing a file. I also have to re-record another snippet where I used a wrong word.

I have watched Phil C's awesome tutorial video on editing and have followed it successfully for cutting out spots where I messed up and started over, no problem. I'm trying to do what he does to find the spot where the new bit will be inserted and then open a new track and record, but when I go to record, the playback on the first track keeps playing audibly. I've been troubleshooting myself, making sure that the new window is the active one, and that I have actually stopped playback, not just paused it, and that the microphone is active. I can't figure out what else to try and I'm getting really frustrated! Any help, please?

Thanks!

Did you mute the track you don't want to hear?

Post Posted:: August 9th, 2017, 3:32 am 

At some point when I was editing a file, I've accidentally switched to a slightly different waveform display. There's now a white band along the display, from +0.5 to -0.5. What's the function of this, and how can I switch it off, please?

Peter

Post Posted:: August 9th, 2017, 3:51 am 

Hi Peter,
It's the envelope tool (or the multi-tool) - pressing F1 should restore things to their natural order. Or click on the Selection Tool button on the toolbar (the one that looks a bit like a 'I').
-Ian

Post Posted:: August 9th, 2017, 5:18 am 

Thanks, Ian; it was getting in the way.
Peter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39