The all-new "HELP! I have an Audacity problem" thread

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
wib66
Posts: 9921
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » February 4th, 2021, 10:52 am

Hi thanks for that I have checked but it is set to 1.

ashleighjane
Posts: 2606
Joined: February 26th, 2010, 11:04 am
Location: Northamptonshire, England

Post by ashleighjane » February 4th, 2021, 10:59 am

wib66 wrote:
February 4th, 2021, 10:52 am
Hi thanks for that I have checked but it is set to 1.
Weird. If you go to 'effect' 'change' speed is the 'standard vinyl rpm' set to 33 1/3? If that's correct, i can't think of anything else that would cause that issue :shock:

ashleighjane
Posts: 2606
Joined: February 26th, 2010, 11:04 am
Location: Northamptonshire, England

Post by ashleighjane » February 4th, 2021, 11:08 am

wib66 wrote:
February 4th, 2021, 10:52 am
Hi thanks for that I have checked but it is set to 1.
found this in the audacity forum 'Is the Project Sample Rate lower left and the Sample Rate of the recorded track (on the left) the same?'

wib66
Posts: 9921
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » February 4th, 2021, 11:20 am

ashleighjane wrote:
February 4th, 2021, 11:08 am
wib66 wrote:
February 4th, 2021, 10:52 am
Hi thanks for that I have checked but it is set to 1.
found this in the audacity forum 'Is the Project Sample Rate lower left and the Sample Rate of the recorded track (on the left) the same?'
Thank you I have checked those and they are the same. Its just given up on me now and won't record anything. Having a bit of a nightmare. Not sure what has gone wrong.

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7546
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 4th, 2021, 8:50 pm

ashleighjane wrote:
February 4th, 2021, 10:41 am
wib66 wrote:
February 4th, 2021, 10:38 am
Hi all wondering if you can help me. I have uploaded the newest version of audacity and for some reason when I play back my recordings it speeds them up and makes my voice funny any advice gratefully received.
There's a slider in the top right, next to a green 'play' button. Has this been altered somehow? It should be set at 1.00x
If you don't see that slider, you can toggle it on and off by going to View>Toolbars>Play-at-Speed Toolbar. (And I would recommend toggling it off after you check to make sure it's set correctly. Leaving it visible makes it too easy to change it by accident, in my opinion.)

wib66
Posts: 9921
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » February 5th, 2021, 1:11 am

Thanks everyone for your help. Unfortunately it now won't record anything at all. Can't work out if its my laptop, the microphone or the m-audio fast track pro that I am using to connect my microphone to my computer. No recording for me till I get it sorted. Any ideas greatly welcomed. I have done a search on the internet and tried every suggestion going but just can't get it to work.

ashleighjane
Posts: 2606
Joined: February 26th, 2010, 11:04 am
Location: Northamptonshire, England

Post by ashleighjane » February 5th, 2021, 1:15 am

wib66 wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 1:11 am
Thanks everyone for your help. Unfortunately it now won't record anything at all. Can't work out if its my laptop, the microphone or the m-audio fast track pro that I am using to connect my microphone to my computer. No recording for me till I get it sorted. Any ideas greatly welcomed. I have done a search on the internet and tried every suggestion going but just can't get it to work.
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? The equivalent to turning it on and off again :lol:

wib66
Posts: 9921
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » February 5th, 2021, 2:07 am

Yes I even tried installing an older version in case the new one had messed up somehow but that didn't work either. So frustrating. I think it might be my laptop as I tried a different programme to record and that didn't record either so it has to be my laptop or my microphone set up that is faulty just trying to rule out which one. Gonna try a different laptop later to see if that works. Fingers crossed. Thanks so much for all your advice it is very much appreciated.

wib66
Posts: 9921
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » February 6th, 2021, 8:09 am

Have finally worked out that it is my laptop which is the problem. Tried another laptop and it workd perfectly. Told my husband he said oh well you will have to buy a new on. So of to the shop I go. :9:
Thanks for everyones help and advice.

Post Reply