I Abandoned my Project by Accident!

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
CrabbyCrab

Post by CrabbyCrab »

Hello Librivox,

I am sorry for abandoning my audiobook of "the Story of the Bagpipe". I should have logged on and stated that I sadly do not have the time or quiet to record it :oops: :cry:. In the future I will work on smaller projects. :)

Are there any punishments for doing this? If so, am I still allowed to volunteer on smaller projects? Can I still suggest this book for others to do if they are interested?

I am very sorry for wasting many people's time. :(

~Crab
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You're still allowed to do other projects! I suggest sticking to group projects for now - and only claiming as many chapters/sections as you can get done in a reasonable time (I'd say, within a month - they usually have a deadline of 2 months, but there's no harm in giving yourself a tighter deadline).

It looks like, because you recorded one section, it's been put in the "Abandoned Projects with Some Chapters Recorded" list already, which is where some people look for works to complete. I don't think you need to suggest it elsewhere, since it's already over there. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Jazbees

Post by Jazbees »

I've had a growing interest in recording historical works, and would be happy to take over "The Story of the Bagpipe". The only issue is that I can't start until one of my current projects is finished, and that's not likely to happen for a couple of months (currently I only have time to record book projects on weekends). Would it be acceptable to adopt this knowing that I won't be able to dive into it right away?
Justin S Barrett
http://www.justinsbarrett.com/

Solo: The 116th Battalion in France | The Life of John Taylor
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

There's no rush - it's probably better to wait.

Each of us MC's has a self-imposed limit as to the number of projects we MC, the limit that we feel we can handle at one time and not lose track of, and so we don't burn out on LV. So starting a project that just sits there for a while takes up one of these slots. (We haven't ever reached a "code red" where no MC has an open slot, but it is something to keep in mind.)

People CAN start solo projects and sit on them for a while, but we want them to post in the thread at least once a month to indicate they're still around and interested. The MC of the project may not notice if a reader is busy elsewhere, and shouldn't have to go hunting for them.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Jazbees

Post by Jazbees »

TriciaG wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 8:21 am There's no rush - it's probably better to wait.
Sounds good. I've added it to my personal list of projects that I'd like to tackle in the future. When one of my current projects wraps up, I'll figure out how I want to proceed from there.
Justin S Barrett
http://www.justinsbarrett.com/

Solo: The 116th Battalion in France | The Life of John Taylor