Page 18 of 22

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: September 24th, 2013, 3:15 pm
by philchenevert
The old How To Upload Your 1 Minute TEst has been removed and the new one is in place now with the new upload link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oTSlFSoEeY&feature=youtu.be Please let me know of any others that may need updating or changing.

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: October 7th, 2013, 8:14 am
by philchenevert
A second new video has at last been made: "Doing Your First SOlo: Some Tips - Oct 2013"

this one shows the new upload screens and the magic window maintenance using thenew system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9H99OSKKA4&feature=youtu.be

yes, a labor of love. :thumbs: as always, any suggestions to edit it will be welcomed.

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: October 7th, 2013, 4:44 pm
by ToddHW
Thank you so much for doing these!!

Todd

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: October 7th, 2013, 5:57 pm
by philchenevert
ToddHW wrote:Thank you so much for doing these!!

Todd
You are welcome Todd. But remember to always have an adult handy when watching my videos along with a can of spray whipped cream. Better safe than sorry.

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: January 16th, 2014, 11:33 pm
by joyfulmn
Phil, I love, love, love your videos. I never notice things like "lip smacks" unless you point them out. To me they sound personable and friendly. :D

These videos are a great blessing to me because, while I could (and have tried on occasion) to read through the detail where it is written, my eyes have trouble reading long texts, especially on the computer.

I've done very basic PLing for a bit and am anxious to take it to the next level. Your PL videos are a real boon to me because, before I discovered them, I was anticipating several more hours of searching out, cutting, pasting and printing the information I need so I'd be able to read and absorb it. You're giving me a chance to move forward much more easily!!

I do have a question on Proof Listening 103. Is the information about ID3 tags and file names current. The reason I asked is I stumbled on a couple things like that and reported them to my BC and there seems to be some confusion as to what I need to report and what the new system will take care of on its own. Do you know those details?

Once again THANK YOU for doing these videos! :clap:
-Joy (okay so SOMEDAY I'll work up a signature line. :shock: )

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: January 17th, 2014, 7:38 am
by philchenevert
joyfulmn wrote:Phil, I love, love, love your videos. I never notice things like "lip smacks" unless you point them out. To me they sound personable and friendly. :D

These videos are a great blessing to me because, while I could (and have tried on occasion) to read through the detail where it is written, my eyes have trouble reading long texts, especially on the computer.

I've done very basic PLing for a bit and am anxious to take it to the next level. Your PL videos are a real boon to me because, before I discovered them, I was anticipating several more hours of searching out, cutting, pasting and printing the information I need so I'd be able to read and absorb it. You're giving me a chance to move forward much more easily!!

I do have a question on Proof Listening 103. Is the information about ID3 tags and file names current. The reason I asked is I stumbled on a couple things like that and reported them to my BC and there seems to be some confusion as to what I need to report and what the new system will take care of on its own. Do you know those details?

Once again THANK YOU for doing these videos! :clap:
-Joy (okay so SOMEDAY I'll work up a signature line. :shock: )
Thank y ou Joy for telling me these things; I enjoy so much helping people who are like me and don't undrstand written stuff. And Proof listening 103 does need to be changed. the info is old. Many many thanks and keep reading and listeining!!!!! we need you here !Image

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: March 1st, 2014, 3:02 pm
by Lucy_k_p
Would it be possible to put a link to the Plosive Removal video DanH made (From this post) in the first post/wiki?

It's a really effective technique and I just got a new laptop and had to look for it again and found it very hard to find. (Fortunately I thought of doing a general forum search for Plosive Removal).

And I took a look at some of Phil's other videos when I was searching, thanks for your hard work on them Phil, they have some other great tips.

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: March 1st, 2014, 3:55 pm
by gypsygirl
Lucy_k_p wrote:Would it be possible to put a link to the Plosive Removal video DanH made (From this post) in the first post/wiki?

It's a really effective technique and I just got a new laptop and had to look for it again and found it very hard to find. (Fortunately I thought of doing a general forum search for Plosive Removal).

And I took a look at some of Phil's other videos when I was searching, thanks for your hard work on them Phil, they have some other great tips.
I've added it to the Instructional Videos page in the wiki, in the More Editing section.

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: March 1st, 2014, 3:58 pm
by carolb
Good gracious! I have just watched most of the video and it all seems very complicated.

Rather than faffing around re-arranging the wave pattern randomly and hopefully, would it not be preferable
to understand that if your breath doesn't hit the microphone directly you won't get plosives?

Surely the easiest and most obvious remedy is to move the microphone a few inches?

Carol

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: March 1st, 2014, 4:37 pm
by philchenevert
carolb wrote:Good gracious! I have just watched most of the video and it all seems very complicated.

Rather than faffing around re-arranging the wave pattern randomly and hopefully, would it not be preferable
to understand that if your breath doesn't hit the microphone directly you won't get plosives?

Surely the easiest and most obvious remedy is to move the microphone a few inches?

Carol
Yes, moving back an inch or two and to the side of the microphone is definitely a much better remedy for 'plosives and is what I recommend first.

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: March 1st, 2014, 4:45 pm
by carolb
So often I am tempted to put my hand up in the middle of a homily and ask the priest to move the microphone an inch or two.
I don't of course, but as yet my powers of telepathy have been pitifully ineffective. Must try harder! :roll:

Carol

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: March 1st, 2014, 5:18 pm
by ToddHW
carolb wrote:So often I am tempted to put my hand up in the middle of a homily and ask the priest to move the microphone an inch or two.
I don't of course, but as yet my powers of telepathy have been pitifully ineffective. Must try harder! :roll:

Carol
https://librivox.org/your-psychic-powers-and-how-to-develop-them-by-hereward-carrington/

Try this.

Thanks, Todd

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: March 1st, 2014, 10:27 pm
by icequeen
carolb wrote:So often I am tempted to put my hand up in the middle of a homily and ask the priest to move the microphone an inch or two.
I don't of course, but as yet my powers of telepathy have been pitifully ineffective. Must try harder! :roll:

Carol

Oh, many a time, when at Mass myself, there has been a plosive, and I have said, "Oooh, that was a gnarly plosive!" My kids just give me that look.

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: March 2nd, 2014, 2:20 am
by carolb
Image Thanks, Todd!
I shall listen to Your Psychic Powers and How to Develop Them, then practice on unwitting Fr. Bernard - and report back!

I know that look Ann! Image

Carol

Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR LIBRIVOX

Posted: March 2nd, 2014, 4:45 am
by Lucy_k_p
Oh yes, I agree, prevention is better than cure. And I mostly do avoid plosives. But My mic is on a stand and I move my head as I talk and sometimes I catch it wrong. And the Equalization method is much easier (Setting up the curve is incredibly easy, you just follow the instructions on what sliders to move, then it's just a case of clicking on it each time you want to use it) than isolating them and snipping them out - sometimes that works, sometimes you can't get a neat cut.