Book Dramatisations

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
raezel

Post by raezel »

How do you people feel about book dramatisations, with sound effects and all?

I got an crazy idea of making one of the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, since there isn't too many main characters and it consists greatly of dialogue.. As I understand, it's completely possible to make an adaptation since it's Public Domain. I'm not of course shure if I am able to make a good script for it, since I'd probably have to come up with additional dialogue and monologues for listeres to keep track of whats happening, but I'd at least woud like to try.

So waht do you people think, would you be intrested in acting one IF I can come up with a adaptation?
johngon

Post by johngon »

I would definetely be interested in acting in this - and could help with the adaptation since I am a playwright by trade :P
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Are you johngon!?! Wow! That's so excellently cool.

Book dramatization is a great idea -- we're doing a mild version with Canterville Ghost. http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2515

But what you've described is something we can't host here, though we'd love to hear it in some private podcast -- LibriVox can only offer pubished public domain material.

Have you heard David/earthcalling's recent release of Jeckyll and Hyde? It's explicatively excellent.
I'll fetch the link. http://librivox.org/the-strange-case-of-dr-jekyll-mr-hyde-by-robert-louis-stevenson/

Anita
Anita
kri

Post by kri »

This is probably something you could submitt to archive.org yourselves though, once finished if you needed a place to host it.
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

There is no reason though, that you couldn't just have one person read all of the narration, and other individuals read the dialogue... that would save you the trouble of rewritting too =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

I detect that the rewriting is the fun part for these two!
It's so cool to know that archive.org would host such a venture. That's a great avenue it seems to me. Hmm... maybe LibriVox could have a spin-off listing -- just linking out to stuff that LV volunteers have created on their own, adapatations that can't be hosted here but can happily be linked to from here.

Anita
Anita