call 4 remote collaborators UlyssesCh15cPlayfulExperiment

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

I'm in a real rush - the other internet cafe only has IE and no ftp upload and nothing may be installed. Mac cannot be connected. I finally found a place with wifi but they'll close in 10 mins. I can therefore not upload my 96MB .wav file of the Editing draft of the Affair, but as a 'taster' I'm uploading the .mp3 (Ulysses15cAffairDraft01ge.mp3) so you can have a listen. I'm also uploading a Word doc (editjoyce.doc) which I've marked up with changes that still need to be made in the draft, and a small file with laughter (zoeflorrylaugh.wav - explained in the .doc). All files are now in the Ulysses folder on my server.

Now that I know this place exists, I will be back here when this place opens tomorrow morning - at 9am I think, hoping that Stephan, who is on the same time zone, might be able to download the .wav of the editing draft then, and make something better out of it.

ADSL has again been promised for tomorrow, which means it might be Wednesday! :(

So sorry that this is so messy. They hate Macs in this country and they love Microsoft. Grrrrrrr...

I can do something more during the day tomorrow now that I've found this place - Anita, please PM me if I can do something - anything at all! Happy to edit another chunk, and should be able to download files tomorrow during the day, too, so all could be ready for you when you wake up! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Just wanted to mention - I took some artistic licence with Marion's orgasm - made it last longer! ;) Also, I recorded the Freddy line - we could probably keep it if it hasn't been recorded yet. See what you think. OK got to go! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

do i have to noiseclean the orgasm?
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/PromotionalMaterial][color=indigo]Want to promote LV? Print the poster and pin it at your library[/color][/url] | [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/Stephan_Moebius][color=indigo]My wiki page[/color][/url]
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Stephan wrote:do i have to noiseclean the orgasm?

YOU WISH!!!!!!!
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Some thoughts on Editing -- Moving this to Listeners Editors Wanted...

Delivery: June 15 by Anita's midnight
8) Please play. Example: http://www.librivox.gesine.org/upload/ulysses/play.mp3

Edit 1 The Wood
Edit 2 The Brothel JickBahTech
Edit 3 The Affair Gesine roughcut done
Edit 4 The Race Stephan
Edit 5 The Dance
Edit 6 The Ghost
Edit 7 The Chase The Good Reverend Doctor
Edit 8 Kings
Edit 9 The Fight
Edit 10 The End -- Gesine make roughcut?

Editors for Edits 2, 4, and 7 should follow whatever process suits you. Thank you so much!
Recommend these steps for (1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10):

1. Rough cut - [As Gesine has done with Edit 3] with available files; importantly -- no voices overlap at this rough edit, no fade in under narration sort of thing. With the good [NC] files, make touches that grab you [as Gesine did when slowing down Nikolle's vocals for a special moment].
Export wav Edit3-1Gesine.wav

2. Completion - Anita/other replace placeholders and fix levels quickly, now it's a wav file that's clean, simple, complete. At this point, help the piece to breathe, tightening pace a bit here, loosening it there, making pause to invite some effect of establishing of a new environment or whatever.
Export wav Edit3-2Anita.wav

3. Effects - [Edited with Stephan's suggestion] Anybody with ideas add some touches. Enrich the text with noises. Play and fool around. Let your mind run free, react to associations -- there is no overlapping audio up to this point, so it's easy to snip something, work in new ideas, do a thing to it, or add effects in place.
Export to Edit#-Stage#-whodunit.wav
Note:
--Post here that you've taken the latest version of Edit#-Stage3 and then
--Post again when you've re-uploaded it -- Ahp! Realization! Need new Thread! to track when who's got what where why

4. Final step before output, Anita/other tweak things a bit with layering the sounds coming in under the narration, that sort of thing -- everything has been kept distinct so far for maximum flexibility. I have a strong interest in doing this step -- will share with others, too!
Export wav Edit3-4Anita.wav

5. Assembly -- maybe should be done by Stephan/Dr/JickBahTech so if one EditSegment is different level from others, can be adjusted.
output to mp3 and deliver
Export wav EditAll-5Stephan.wav
and mp3 ... must look up naming convention for that
Last edited by a.r.dobbs on June 12th, 2006, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anita
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

3. Effects - Stephan or other wizard add some touches of effects
Make it: "Anybody with ideas add some touches. Enrich the text with noises. Play and fool around. Let your mind run free, react to associations -- there is no overlapping audio up to this point, so it's easy to snip something, work in new ideas, do a thing to it, or add effects in place.
Export to Edit#-Stage#-whodunit.wav
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/PromotionalMaterial][color=indigo]Want to promote LV? Print the poster and pin it at your library[/color][/url] | [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/Stephan_Moebius][color=indigo]My wiki page[/color][/url]
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Ok... that new thread is handling editing info.

Here's the "outstanding" list of files -- expected in Any Moment Now

04-The Yews
06-The Waterfall ---anita DONE finally

20-Stephen ---AlexFoster DONE [unheard, presumed brilliant]

23-Black Liz
54-55 The Whores A Whore
58-Dolly Gray
65-The Bawd ---Kymmz all DONE fantastically

43-Maginni ---hugh DONE beautifully

DONE phenomenally
The Good Reverend Dr recording along with many "minor parts" from Readers Wanted thread:
31-Freddy
52-The Gasjet
56-Voices (one missing bit)
72-The Navvy
77-Adonai
79-The Retriever
Last edited by a.r.dobbs on June 13th, 2006, 1:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Anita
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

02-36-37-39-47-56-MarkSmith.wav moved to Ulysses folder.

I'm uploading The Affair as a .wav.

I'm starting the rough edit (stage one) of The End.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Ulysses15cAffairDraft01ge.wav uploaded and in Ulysses folder.

10-15-25-38-46-50-64-Hajduk.wav moved to Ulysses folder.
The Good Reverend Doctor

Post by The Good Reverend Doctor »

uploading assorted male voices.
files are: 10-15-25-38-46-50-64-Hajduk.wav
and 68-70-72-73-74-75-82-voices+freddy-Hajduk.wav
the guy reading is mark hajduk (pron. HI-duke). he and a few of my co-workers are quite excited about reading for other 'vox projects as well.
hope these rec's work for you.

edit: oh yeah, in the 68-70 file, there's a little snip of cyril cusack, the irish actor, performing finnegans' wake from an old LP of mine. a little unintended bonus material for you.

edit#2: it's late, can't count right. the 10-15- file name should include -66-67 as well. sorry for the confusion.
[b]The Good Reverend Doctor's Ministry of Decency[/b]
Tues. 1-3am EST on [url=http://www.wfhb.org/listen.shtml]WFHB[/url]
Radio show, radio show. Trust the wizard, here we go. -R. Pollard
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

The Good Reverend Doctor wrote:edit: oh yeah, in the 68-70 file, there's a little snip of cyril cusack, the irish actor, performing finnegans' wake from an old LP of mine. a little unintended bonus material for you.
We're caringly snip that out then (except actually...I believe you can safely use under 7 seconds ... hafta hear file to decide, huh?

thanks v v v v v much
thanks to your friends
a
Anita
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

So ... the good reverend dr all in
hugh in
kymzz in ...

waiting for me and alex :D
then all our files will be in!
Anita
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Whew (that's not easy, Mr. Fox, sir)
my bits are recorded...

Everybody's in but Alex ... who interestingly enough, submitted the very first file used in 15c. Bookending. 8)
accepting no substitute ... we await the final file ...
Anita
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

A L L - R E C O R D I N G S - A R E - I N ! ! !
Anita
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

All recordings are NC
(oh well, upload finished in +half an hour)(see posts time stamp)