call 4 remote collaborators UlyssesCh15cPlayfulExperiment

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling » June 15th, 2006, 3:27 am

a.r.dobbs wrote: ... 2011 ...
... a longer-term view of Stephan's non-stop project? :)

David

a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs » June 15th, 2006, 3:51 am

earthcalling wrote:
a.r.dobbs wrote: ... 2011 ...
... a longer-term view of Stephan's non-stop project? :)

David
heh ... extended play indeed...

I'm putting up The Good Reverend Doctor's cut of The Chase in a few minutes. See the editing log ...
Anita

Stephan

Post by Stephan » June 15th, 2006, 3:52 am

Hugh could try. Send over samples of our recodings, some great voices (hehe, David, johnG, Alex, Chipdoc, i don't know Gesines song...!!! just to make sure he can't be anyhing but stunned) and perhaps my edit over to Stephen James Joyce and ask him for permission. After all he just seems to be bugged about all the literate scholarly fuzz about ulysses. Perhaps, what we are doing is just what he would find brilliant. An amateur interpretation, an expression of joy.
Last edited by Stephan on June 15th, 2006, 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/PromotionalMaterial][color=indigo]Want to promote LV? Print the poster and pin it at your library[/color][/url] | [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/Stephan_Moebius][color=indigo]My wiki page[/color][/url]

a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs » June 15th, 2006, 3:56 am

Number event notice: That was Stephan's 777th post!!
Stephan wrote:After all he just seems to be bugged about all the literate scholarly fuzz about ulysses. Perhaps, what we are doing is just what he would find brilliant. An amateur interpretation, an expression of joy.
You just might be right!
Last edited by a.r.dobbs on June 15th, 2006, 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anita

a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs » June 15th, 2006, 10:20 am

hugh wrote:I believe we should go with the gutenberg legal opinion and forge on. and yes I said yes I will Yes.
Let's go then!
Anita

Stephan

Post by Stephan » June 15th, 2006, 10:30 am

The shock after waking up today, all nil and nada? Librivox Ulysses goes on?

Hugh, what do you say to the OpenLibriSourceUlysses? (Gosh, i love this LibriNamingScheme. Hihi.)
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/PromotionalMaterial][color=indigo]Want to promote LV? Print the poster and pin it at your library[/color][/url] | [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/Stephan_Moebius][color=indigo]My wiki page[/color][/url]

Gesine

Post by Gesine » June 15th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Let's get it done. Even if we have to take it off again, I want to listen to our bit now... all fitted nicely together!

Besides, worst case we'll have to keep it in a dark place... lurking... for a couple of years. Then in 2011 out it comes! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs » June 15th, 2006, 2:14 pm

I can tell you ... I feel like I'm surrounded by you all today!
h o w - i - a d o r e - e d i t i n g - t h i s !
Anita

Gesine

Post by Gesine » June 15th, 2006, 11:25 pm

You *are* surrounded by us all. Have you looked out of the window lately? We're all camping out on your imaginary San Francisco lawn, cheering you on for this humungous editing task... go Anita, go! :)

PS Have internet. At home. Sadly, this means that I really need to catch up with some work...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

Gesine

Post by Gesine » June 15th, 2006, 11:28 pm

StephanWizardEditorAndMasterOfTheWikiLikeNames, Anita asked me to post a missing bit of narration for Edit1 - this:

THE NYMPH: (her features hardening, gropes in the folds of her habit)

I've uploaded it to the Ulysses folder as:

nymphnarration-ge.wav

I think Anita was hoping you might be able to clean it up?

Stephan

Post by Stephan » June 15th, 2006, 11:32 pm

roger.

a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs » June 15th, 2006, 11:53 pm

Gesine wrote:You *are* surrounded by us all. Have you looked out of the window lately? We're all camping out on your imaginary San Francisco lawn, cheering you on for this humungous editing task... go Anita, go! :)
:too*giddy*to*stop*laughing!:

Oh... I'm into chunk 5 now, "The Dance"

Edit 1 The Wood is up in Rough Cut -- I'm just changing the first post. Keeping it up to date.

If anybody learns about the cataloguing process on this one please inform me -- I want to know when I'm the single bottleneck because I don't want to become the single bottleneck -- I have the impression there are still missing chapters (heh, I mean beyond the two I need to finish editing -- 15a and 15c). Will it go up piecemeal? I don't grasp the gestalt of the cataloguing step or the peculiar challenges of releasing something not quite finished.

quick nap and more again
Anita

a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs » July 30th, 2006, 5:05 pm

Most activity is happening again in the Captain's Log, but this thread may need some referencing, so I'm hauling it off page 2 of this forum.

:D We're aimed at August 10 as the launch date for Ulysses, the LibriVox Birthday.

We missed Hugh's Birthday, but we're fair close to success for hitting this target.

:D

I cannot express what a magnificent experience this has been all along.