What are my suggestions for this link?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Chris Caron

Post by Chris Caron »

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/everyman_cousin.mp3
It says .mp3 and it should be a .mp3 but the only problem is that I never converted it yet when it starts from an original audacity file, my BC said it was odd and I don't have the converter after downloading it several times. Do you think that someone else could convert it for me to a .mp3 for real?
Cori

Post by Cori »

Nice to hear you here, Chris!

Seems like that's a WAV file with an MP3 ending, which is rather unusual, but very easily fixed. I'll upload an MP3 to the same link location ... and please do just ask if you want help debugging your converter setup. (Ask here, that is ... I'm not sure I'd personally know what to suggest. But if you say what software you're using, and what you've already tried ... )
Last edited by Cori on December 11th, 2009, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

I doubt there is a way to change that. do you have the original .aup file? You could try converting that to wav and send that out here.

I tried audacity and switch to no avail.

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Cori

Post by Cori »

There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Chris Caron

Post by Chris Caron »

Thanks Cori! I'll debugg any file that made me do that. But meanwhile I need to edit the tape alone. (If you notice, I duplicated lines at the second half.) Not bad for my first recording
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You say you downloaded the LAME. Did you install it?
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Cori

Post by Cori »

Well, if I might suggest renaming the file extension (the bit that's currently .mp3) on your own computer, and editing it as a .wav file - that preserves the quality of the original recording.

You might also like to run Normalize within Audacity on that file -- your volume is very good, but you do seem to have a bit of DC Offset, and while I don't actually know what that is, it can be a pain with editing, and is very easily gotten rid of, so is worth doing before you begin editing. You could have a look at our wiki which has illustrated instructions to help.