How do you PL?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Doesn't look like you did offer anywhere.
Are you wanting to PL a particular project or are do you have comments or questions about PLing ?

Anne
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

Reading through the various answers provided by admins and experienced PL'ers I a little surprised that they have to clean up noise and set levels with some readers uploaded files.

I do myself DP my own chapters/sections before uploading, not only for my own silly mistakes, but also making sure there are no unacceptably huge differences in levels, background noises, silences, and all the usual stuff. Of course I still make occasional errors which will be picked up hopefully. But on the whole I would hate to give the DPL a lot of extra work in the areas where I feel I should have solved the problem myself. I also like the DPL to tell me if I'm badly off, and my reading is not very good. It will never worry me because I'm my own worst critic.

Maybe I'm expecting too much and I know some people have to struggle a bit especially on the technical side of things. That is also why we are here to help - where we can.