Any good dry mouth remedies?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
SowasVon

Post by SowasVon »

Recording can be frustrating at times when my mouth becomes dry and clicky after about every one or two sentences (not exaggerating).
I do have a glass of water handy, but there must be a better way than to consume potential liters of water per recording session.
Maybe it's more of an "do/avoid XY before recording" thing? For example, I already read that it's a bad idea to have dairy shortly before recording because it'll make your mouth slimy and clicky, and that you should be drinking plenty all day already when you plan on recording that day.
"You're on Librivox? Pffft. You just like to hear yourself talk."
"Yuuuup." :mrgreen:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I've gotten a really bad case of REAL dry mouth in the past 3 months. Not just when recording but all the time now and it is a nasty feeling, probably the side effect of some virus I've had but it is lingering on!!.

Anyway, I brush my teeth four or five times a day that helps for a few minutes and keep a bottle of dry mouth oral rinse right by my desk. Swish and spit is helpful for about 10 minutes right before rrecording. My sympathy goes out to anyone who has this as a chronic situation. That's my suggestion, brush teeth before recording, it seems to open up the salivary glands for a bit. Happy recording!!!
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Somewhere there is a whole thread on this. I doubt if I will be able to find it easily, but I'll have a look.

Edited to add - there are undoubtedly others, but here's an old one -

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15505
Jo
SowasVon

Post by SowasVon »

Thank you, @philchenevert and @knotyouraveragejo!
I tried one of your suggestions today (toothbrushing in advance), and it worked better.
But apple juice or an apple sound good, too (healthy and tasty).
"You're on Librivox? Pffft. You just like to hear yourself talk."
"Yuuuup." :mrgreen: