Getting There

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

New problem. When I'm editing, my new recording goes to the very end of the track. (Is that correct? am I doing something wrong?) Therefore, when I now go BACK to paste it in, I have to go back, literally. The transport button will take me back to the very beginning, but then I have to scroll and scroll and scroll to get where I want to go. Is there a faster way to get there?
My name is Mark
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Yes, recording at the end of the track is how Audacity normally works, but you do have the option to record in a new track at the same point in time! Phil demonstrates in this video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y5hYq78ohs&t=16s
The short version is, you can click just before the bit you want to re-do, then hold the Shift key while you hit record. You'll stay right in the neighborhood and won't need to scroll near so much!

Another tip for when you do scroll: you can zoom out so that the same amount of scrolling gets you much further in time.
I like to do that by holding the Control (or Ctrl) key while I scroll down with the mouse wheel.
Once you're zoomed out, release Ctrl and you'll be able to scroll as normal, just faster.
When you've found the spot you want to focus on on, click on it, then press and hold Ctrl while you scroll the mouse wheel up to zoom back in.