Finding an out of copyright version of The Art of Productivity GTD Getting Things Done by David Allen

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
daisycampion

Post by daisycampion »

So I believe strongly that everyone will do their best (actualise their potential or approach this) if they feel in control and have ‘mind like water’.

I also believe that many people don’t have the time or the mindset to dedicate to sitting and reading. But if people can listen to a book they will be more receptive to the idea of imbibing it. I’m sure this is something many of us on here share in the opinion of.

All this being said, a book on productivity and how to master it would allow people to feel in control and an audio version would allow people the opportunity to read it.

I read GTD by David Allen last year and it transformed the amount I can give and I will always be grateful for that. It isn’t out of copyright, however.

I thought today that there is likely to be an equivalent written a long time ago but lost to the ether. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thank you!
Daisy :)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You will not find an out-of-copyright book published in the 2000s by someone who is actively promoting his business. So you would only be looking for someone with the same or similar ideas published or translated early last century. And unless he claims to have been influenced by other's writings ..... it will need you to do a lot of research. Does he ?

Anne
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'm not sure if this type of productivity (essentially geared towards people working in an office) would have garnered great interest 95 years ago (our copyright cutoff). However, you may try a search in our "self-help" category:

Lengthy Link Underneath

I also checked Samuel Smiles, he wrote several books that were immensely popular, but just glancing at the titles, I'm not sure they are relevant for what you're looking for: https://librivox.org/author/938
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
daisycampion

Post by daisycampion »

I think for me GTD has allowed me to volunteer for four different institutions in four very different roles plus librivox plus have a 24 hour week job, which isn't all office based. I want other people to be able to do the same level of 'task switching' with the system that he uses; tickler, projects, someday/maybe, actions, areas of responsibility, aims, desired outcomes, and goals, plus the use of 'reference' as seperate to reference materials for the different topics within the different sections.

Does this ring any better bells?

Apologies for not explaining this well enough in the initial instance.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Benjamin Franklin's Daily Schedule is in his autobiography and has some resonances.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: 25-26 DPL 43 21 27-28
daisycampion

Post by daisycampion »

Hello,

I've found something I think is more suitable -
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2274

Would this be okay to record?

Many thanks
Daisy
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »