confused

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
LaurieB

Post by LaurieB »

I am a rookie and probably not up to speed on this, but I submitted my test and it was OKed.
Then I requested a section in Pastoral poems and was granted permission. I uploaded my recording the very next day but to date (1 week later?) I have received no response. I re-uploaded it several
times, to the general forum and to the Pastoral forum in case I had done it erroneously.
When I search for that upload by using my user name, the test uploads appear but not the
recording upload. The section, section 47, is being held for me.
What have I done wrong??
Please?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Did you post the link from the uploader in a reply in the project thread?

Uploading the file doesn't notify anyone. It's just a holding place for the files. When the upload finishes, it shows a URL (web address). Copy and paste that in the project thread (where you claimed the section), along with the length of the file (mm:ss). That will tell the project coordinator that you've submitted the file. :)

P.S. I see you did this today - with an attempt on the 28th, but not quite getting the full URL into your post. ;) At this point, the coordinator will acknowledge your post. She probably just hasn't gotten to it yet. You claimed it the 27th, then posted your submission the 28th and 30th.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
LaurieB

Post by LaurieB »

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Sorry to ask so many questions.
I wonder now how you were able to locate the submission upload when I was not able to do so.
Is there something I should know about searching?
Also I see in my records that I neglected to include the duration of the recording: 2 min 40 sec.
Can I add that to my submission somehow or do I need to do the upload again?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You don't need to upload again. You can go to the project thread and either post a new reply with the information, or edit your last post (by clicking on the little pencil icon in the upper right corner of your post) and add it in. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

LaurieB wrote: June 30th, 2022, 12:30 pm Thank you for your prompt reply.
Sorry to ask so many questions.
I wonder now how you were able to locate the submission upload when I was not able to do so.
Is there something I should know about searching?
Also I see in my records that I neglected to include the duration of the recording: 2 min 40 sec.
Can I add that to my submission somehow or do I need to do the upload again?
Hi Laurie,
I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do. It sounds like you figured out uploading and posting to the thread. Once you've uploaded, the file is in the hands of the MC - there is a way to look at the directory, but you shouldn't need that. Just grab the URL from the upload screen, and paste that into your post. Until you post your link, no one knows you've uploaded - MCs don't monitor for incoming files, the BC watches the thread for your post saying it's ready.

However, if you are struggling to find a thread you have posted in, there are several ways to do that.
1. Under "Quick Links" at the top left of this page, you'll find "Your Posts". That will list every thread you have posted in, in order from most recent activity to oldest (it's not your post time, but when the thread was last posted to).
2. There's a search bar in the top right. I find that not very useful, because I can't get it to take a string, but if you have 1 word from a title or something, it will pull up the thread pretty reliably.
3. For myself, whenever I claim a section, I click on the wrench at the top left of the screen (a bit lower down than "Quick Links") and "subscribe" to the topic. I've setup my notifications (top right) so that I get notified every time there is activity on a thread I subscribe to, or a reply to me.
4. If you've forgotten what you signed up for, your reader page has that (you can get the link from the Magic Window in your current project)
Krista
Bennyjams

Post by Bennyjams »

Hi. This is Ben. I got myself involved in the group project narrating three chapters of a fiction book about christmas, santa, and two reigndeer. I'm blanking on the name of the group project. I just got over having COVID yesterday and I have a lot going on. How do I tell the people that I don't have the time to help out with this project? It was in the New Projects forum. It was listed under a group project. I can't find the page to tell this information to the people for this project. It was listed in new projects.
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Bennyjams wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 8:42 am Hi. This is Ben. I got myself involved in the group project narrating three chapters of a fiction book about christmas, santa, and two reigndeer. I'm blanking on the name of the group project. I just got over having COVID yesterday and I have a lot going on. How do I tell the people that I don't have the time to help out with this project? It was in the New Projects forum. It was listed under a group project. I can't find the page to tell this information to the people for this project. It was listed in new projects.
Look here (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=93560) and tell the BC that you give your parts back.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Ben. The project you are looking for is The Christmas Reindeer by Thornton Burgess

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=93560

Please post in that thread to let the Book Coordinator know that you wish to remove your claims.

For future reference, you can view your previous posts to find a project you volunteered to read for by clicking on the number of posts under your name on any post you have made, or, on your catalog page at https://librivox.org/reader/17645, if you click on the link for Reader Section Details below your username you will find a summary table showing the status of all the sections that you have signed up to read in open projects.  Click on any of the thread titles in this list to navigate to the thread on the forum.
Jo
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Bennyjams wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 8:42 am Hi. This is Ben. I got myself involved in the group project narrating three chapters of a fiction book about christmas, santa, and two reigndeer. I'm blanking on the name of the group project. I just got over having COVID yesterday and I have a lot going on. How do I tell the people that I don't have the time to help out with this project? It was in the New Projects forum. It was listed under a group project. I can't find the page to tell this information to the people for this project. It was listed in new projects.
Hi Ben. Sorry to hear about your illness. Please don't worry about your claimed sections in The Christmas Reindeer. Real life happens to all of us. I have removed your claims. Take care. :D
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Hi Ben,
Looks like this got taken care of, but I thought I'd point out how to find a thread that you posted to earlier. At the top right of your screen, under the "Librivox Forum" header, you should see a link titled "Quick links". Click on that, and in the drop-down, click "Your posts". That will bring up a list of every thread you have ever posted in, with the more recent activity at the top.

I hope this helps you down the line.
Krista