Looking for lost recording?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
BengtW

Post by BengtW »

I got this request as a comment on one of the YouTube videos:
"Hi LibriVox😊, love your work. I was wondering if you could reupload "Night and her children" it's Greek mythology book read by a Australian woman. I can't find it anywhere on the web."

I could not find it so I replied asking if sure about the title and I got back:
"Yes. It's "Night and her children", I remember it was a LibriVox recording because I must have replayed it 40 times back in 2018. The cover had three female faces in black & white, if that helps any."

Anybody know what work this is?
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

It might be easier to search for the reader. Somewhere we have a spreadsheet where readers describe their voices. If you're lucky, this may help.

I've had no luck with matching searches for the title words, or for greek mythology, matching the three faces on the cover.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Could it be it's from a compilation ? Sections 15 to 17 in this Greek mythology book are about Night and her children and the reader (lucylou40) is Australian if I'm not mistaken. There are three statues on the cover, not women, but close enough.
https://librivox.org/myths-legends-of-ancient-greece-rome-by-em-berens/

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
BengtW

Post by BengtW »

Thank you, yes I found that also and replied with a link but no answer yet. It is somewhat of a match, also the year, but she seemed so sure it was a title and the cover does not match. Let's see.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

BengtW wrote: December 1st, 2021, 1:58 am Thank you, yes I found that also and replied with a link but no answer yet. It is somewhat of a match, also the year, but she seemed so sure it was a title and the cover does not match. Let's see.
ok well it was worth a try. Maybe she listened to it on one of the many unofficial LV apps, and they often also include books not by LV readers. In that case, she may think it was LV but it isn't. :?

Well, let us know if ever she finds it back :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.