ZOOM Beginners Monthly help group

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Phil,

I just saw this. You may get some more interest if you post this on the LibriVox Facebook page, too.
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi Mary. It seems that this is not an attractive idea at all. :? Well, it was worth a try. I will try our Facebook page.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

How about putting it on the LibriVox Suggestions, Comments, etc page? (Or whatever it's called) More people might look at it there.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Algy Pug has stepped forward and will be hosting a separate BEGINNERS meeting starting in January 2022 and for the 6 months (at least) afterwards. It will be the first Monday in each month so mark your calendars everyone: 11 am central time usa; 7 am Perth time Australia. That's right: 2 sessions on the same or about the same day each month; one hosted by me and the other by Algy Pug. These will be done using Google Meet and advertised as a place for beginners of all stages to chat with each other and with old timers in LibriVox. So everyone is welcome. The theme of the first group sessions will be "what i want to record" but this is very loose and all problems and questions will be welcomed. They will be recorded of course and then posted. I will be putting this imfo out there in coming days but please feel free to give any suggestions

LIBRIVOX BEGINNER GROUP CHIT CHAT:

JANUARY 3 2022 5 mp GMT (Phil's session) and 11pm GMY (Algy's session)
FEBRUARY 7
MARCH 7
APRIL 4
MAY 2
JUNE 6
ChristopherW

Post by ChristopherW »

philchenevert wrote: November 27th, 2021, 5:35 pm It will be the first Monday in each month so mark your calendars everyone: 11 am central time usa; 7 am Perth time Australia.
Then will that be on the day after the first Monday in each month in Australia (or anywhere that is UTC+7 or later)?
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

ChristopherW wrote: November 29th, 2021, 10:18 am
philchenevert wrote: November 27th, 2021, 5:35 pm It will be the first Monday in each month so mark your calendars everyone: 11 am central time usa; 7 am Perth time Australia.
Then will that be on the day after the first Monday in each month in Australia (or anywhere that is UTC+7 or later)?
Uh.......yes. That would be correct. Darn this round world for messing up my mind. Now how do I make that clear? Geeeesh! :roll:
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Australia is ahead of the U.S. by umpteen some hours...they get to celebrate all the holidays first. According to (https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/) January 3 Monday, 11 AM Central Standard Time in the U.S. is 1 AM Tuesday in Australia (can't remember if that's Perth or elsewhere, though.) Does that mean Algy will stay up late for the group session? Or does it mean he'll still be up, celebrating the New Year?