audacity locking up

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

Hi! I have been recording and editing with Audacity for a few months now without any problems. I'm using the latest version on my brand new Mac. Recently, while editing and even now just trying to open a file on Audacity, everything freezes and the spinning rainbow wheel appears. I'm so frustrated as I just started my first solo work and can't get through chapter 2!
Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks, Marie :)
Marie Christian
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

I don't know this for certain, but it may be the new version of Audacity. I'm on a PC and it's not letting me export MP3 files in anything higher than 24000. Sadly I can't find an older version to check it against.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

It's been happening occasionally to me. It's only been with the upgraded version of Audacity. All you can do is close the program down ... sometimes I've had to reboot the computer. But every time so far Audacity has managed to recover the interrupted sound file.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

If it is the case that it's the newer Audacity, you can download Windows Audacity 2.3.3 here: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/legacy-windows/

And older Mac here: https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity-old.html (this site was a direct link from the Audacity website, so it should be safe).
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine