Site coordinator name, Site coordinator title, and Site coordinator email

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
MichaelIsland

Post by MichaelIsland »

Hello! My name is Michael. I am very new here. I'm a college student that's planning on volunteering for LibriVox for my 'Business learning through service' class. Some of the information I need to find in order to confirm the site that I'll be serving is who's LibriVox's Site coordinator name, what's their title, and what's their email. Would anybody know this information? Thanks!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We are all volunteers, we are not a business, we don't have a site. we have no office. So I think you better try somewhere else - and do a bit of research first - we do have a FAQ,

Anne
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

To expand on what Anne has told you -

Thanks for thinking of us for a volunteer opportunity. We get a number of requests about people using us for school or community service volunteering hours, court ordered community service or other types of service projects, and although we welcome all readers, you would need to discuss this with whoever is organizing it and/or approving your community service hours as there are a number of things that may make it not suitable

We are not a registered charity. We operate independently as a project of the Internet Archive. All our volunteering activity happens on our internet forums (book selection, volunteering to read chapters, project management etc). Most of our volunteers do this as a hobby for fun.

We are totally web based and are unable to sign any paperwork - we have no office, no staff and no way to record or verify how many total hours you have spent volunteering. The only record you will have is the length of any finished recordings which will be available on a personal readers page once any projects you contribute to are cataloged. Our experience is that for a ready to catalog 1 hour of recording, it will take you about 3-4 hours to record, edit and produce a finished recording, depending on the difficulty of the text and the amount of editing required. The organization assigning your community volunteer hours will have to institute its own procedures for accepting/verifying LibriVox volunteer time without any participation on our end.
Jo
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com