[OK] "Server execution failed" after downloading files

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I've downloaded several files this evening to PL, but I'm finding that the downloading happens implausibly quickly, and then when I try to listen I get an error message that says "Server execution failed." Could this have anything to do with the site being down earlier today?

I looked in other recently active threads to see whether anyone else was running into this problem, but I didn't see it mentioned, so maybe it's just me. :oops:
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'm not having a problem. Which project/files?
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

It turned out to be a just-me problem. Windows Media Player stopped working on my computer for some reason, so I switched to a different media player that's letting me play the files just fine. Thanks for looking into this though! :)
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Archive was down, but at times I was getting the same message when I tried to search etc, so I think they may have returned with restricted service hence the message

Anne