I can't export my audio as mp3

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
JustinaMMJB

Post by JustinaMMJB »

Hello,
I have a chapter for a book I am recording, and I can't seem to export it as mp3. I am following Phil Chenevert's videos. I am trying to check it on checker, but it says that it is not mp3. And it keeps coming up as .aup3. I need help!!
God bless,
~Justina
"All we accomplish, however brilliant, is worth nothing without love" ~St. Therese of Lisieux
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

You are saving to an Audacity file format.

Instead, you need to Export it as a 128 kbps constant rate mp3 file. Under File - Export - Export as mp3. In the window that pops up, choose the following Format Options: Bit Rate Mode - Constant; Quality 128 kbps; Channel Mode - Force export to mono. Don't add .mp3 to the filename. If you correctly export to mp3, the software will do that for you.
Jo
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Well, your first problem is trying to follow Phil's videos !! :roll: Seriously, if you are using Audacity, then when you are ready to export the track, then go to File > Export and the first option you can pick is MP3 at least in my Audacity. Give it another try and let us know what happens.

Since you watch videos, here is one that you may already have seen, but it covers what Jo said sort of just in a lower voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB57z2l5LtA&list=UUg82GZ8Dap4MDbXpYuF06qA
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
JustinaMMJB

Post by JustinaMMJB »

Thank you so much for replying! I think that my problem was saying .mp3 in the title because everything else you said I was already doing. It also could be that for some reason my Audacity saved it to my desktop instead of Audacity files. But whatever it was I have it working now. Thank you both so much, and God bless.
~Justina
"All we accomplish, however brilliant, is worth nothing without love" ~St. Therese of Lisieux