In Memory Of

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Tsinaymel

Post by Tsinaymel »

Am I allowed to say "recording by **name1** in memory of **name2**" at the beginning of the recording?
Or if that's too long, may I say just "recording in memory of name2"?
Or I'm OK if I just say "recording by **name2**" instead of my name (name1) given that pseudonyms are allowed.
Please advise. Thanks.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I can't give any sort of official answer, but I can give my opinion.

I think it would be confusing to give as the reader anything but your own name, be it your real name or your LV identification.

As for adding 'in memory of [name2], I'm a little hesitant to think this a good practice. At what point do we draw a line? This opens the way for commentary that the average listener would find unimportant or even bothersome. At the most, mention might be made at the very beginning or the very end of a full solo project. (Not simply a section or even a poem or short essay, but a full book.)

But this is simply my viewpoint. A moderator or administrator will be along soon enough with an official position.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

We had to discuss it, since it comes up very rarely. :)

For the reasons Kevin stated, we would rather not have an audio dedication in a recording.

For a solo, it could be included in the summary rather than recorded. If you really want to include an audio dedication, you could upload that version of it to YouTube or Archive.org, but please leave it out of the LibriVox version. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Tsinaymel

Post by Tsinaymel »

No worries. I thought I would ask. Thanks.