Re-record a Book

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
znlv

Post by znlv »

A very newbie question here - I am excited to be a new member of the LV community and forums.

I would like to re-record, as a solo project, a book that had already been read by a group of readers. How would I go about starting this process? Thanks much, Omar
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

First steps before attempting a Solo is to do your one minute test - not an audition , just making sure you can get all the technical requirements right so it can be used by Archive to produce the formats we publish.
Once that's done , unless you have recorded books before, we'd recommend you found a project in readers wanted that appealed and have a go at recording a chapter or 2 - just so you know what is involved,
Then you will need to set up your solo using the template for solo's in the launch pad . There are instructions in the sticky at the top of that forum.
If you are using the same source as the group you shoudn't have PD problems - if not it may be an idea to check with us first

It looks hrd but it's fine if you follow the steps , and remember this is fun :D

Anne