[FILLED] Child/Teen Carolers for Nicholas: A Manhattan Christmas Story

Non-reading activities need your help too!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Perfect timing with the coming season!

To parents of young LV recorders:

We have a children's literature dramatic reading in progress that features a children's choir in Old Trinity Church in New York City. It sings four clips of Christmas carols in one chapter.

This project is public domain for U.S. volunteers and those in countries requiring 50 years after author's death. (Sorry, the project is not available for those in countries requiring 70 years after author's death.)

We need 8 to 12 child and/or teen voices to help us fill out that scene in Nicholas: A Manhattan Christmas Story (which is currently open for child and adult character readers).

Here is the instructions document with the four snippets of Christmas carols: CAROL LIST FOR CHILDREN'S CHOIR

It contains a link to a song file so you can listen thru earbuds while recording, to keep everyone on the same tempo and pitch for each clip.

Thank you so much for helping!
Last edited by LCaulkins on November 19th, 2021, 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I hate to be that guy. I love the idea of doing this. But be a bit careful when seeking kids to do something. Might be prudent to get their parents' consent. I say that as someone who's done volunteering with kids, helping them with homework, and we had to very, very careful about offering to help kids outside of volunteering sessions.
I use Linux. I also like penguins.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you, lightcrystal. :heart: Yes, we need to protect children.

My experience here in LV has been that parents are the ones who actually control young children's LV names, so I hadn't expected anyone but teens or parents to see and respond to this. Also, that project is monitored by an MC, who knows that it is legitimate, and not something preying on children. It is a dramatic reading of a children's literature book that has opportunities for young readers to participate - as they have for several other appropriate projects. This post just gets the word out to parents, who can then see if their young volunteer wants to participate in this one.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

lightcrystal wrote: November 19th, 2021, 2:23 am I hate to be that guy. I love the idea of doing this. But be a bit careful when seeking kids to do something. Might be prudent to get their parents' consent. I say that as someone who's done volunteering with kids, helping them with homework, and we had to very, very careful about offering to help kids outside of volunteering sessions.
I am grateful for your comment. While it prompted me to directly address parents in the post, it also reminded me that I needed to include the public domain limits of the project.
~Lynette * -
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I am glad to have helped. I didn't mean to accuse anyone of bad intent.
I use Linux. I also like penguins.