I’ll play non-copyright music for projects

Non-reading activities need your help too!
KeithThomas

Post by KeithThomas »

Hi, I’ve been an enthusiastic listener for years. I’m also a musician, overly eclectic but decent, and I play with like-minded people. I play American, Irish, and British fiddle tunes (on fiddle, banjo, guitar, etc), old Mexican and Swedish tunes, old (early 1900s) jazz and blues, and freeform jazzy stuff (upright bass, cello). I can probably play improvised versions of any of those genres to insure public domain rights. I can’t guarantee perfection but I think most people could find five or ten seconds that might serve as intros or outros, background or in-between stuff. I have good recording gear and know how to use it, and to export in several formats. Knowing myself, I probably won’t spend a long time on any project. I might be able to involve some of my hordes of musical friends. — I really enjoy the violin playing on the LibriVox Ulysses, which is why I’m writing now. Best, Keith
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks for the offer, but years ago we made it a policy not to have incidental music or sound effects (intros, outros, background music, etc.). The exceptions are for music collections (Christmas carols, hymns, folk songs) and sometimes in plays where the script calls for it.

There are still some regular books with such sounds, but they're older. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
KeithThomas

Post by KeithThomas »

Oh, ok, understood. Thanks for the quick reply. I might respond to one of the Christmas music requests.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Ezwa has one of these projects with required music going on here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82975

Musicians still wanted! :wink:

(But yes, in general we don't allow music in our recordings.)
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

I'll be launching the annual LV Christmas Carol Collection around November 1st, and would be delighted to have you join us. Look for it in the New Projects Launch Pad in a couple of weeks.