Pianists FOUND for French nursery rhymes - LV "solo" project

Non-reading activities need your help too!
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello,

I've been planning to record a book of French nursery rhymes and would love to have the piano accompaniment but my piano skills being what they are...

The "solo" project is not launched yet as I would like to organise things first. But it could be launched in October, if everything works out.
The book, "Chansons et rondes enfantines," and music sheets are available from here or there. If I'm not mistaken, there are 57 songs, some with quite a few verses, some short (I'd probably sing the single verse ones two or three times).
The pianist would send me the recorded track(s) and I would sing over it.

If you want to hear what it could sound like, check it at 6:18 in section 6 of this book.

Would anyone (or any two or any more) be game for accompanying me?

ETA: the project is here.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
shikamaru

Post by shikamaru »

Hi,
I'm interested. Not all 57 of the pieces, of course. I'll send a few tracks in October.

Thanks and Regards,
Nihal
-Nihal Anabel
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello Nihal,

Thanks for your interest. :D
I should post the project within a week or two. There's no rush for the piano tracks but when you've chosen which ones you want to play, let me know.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Ooh, I might do a couple of these, depending on how busy my schedule is. I've been playing piano for 8 years....these don't look *too* hard but I'll have to look at them more. No definite commitment as of now, but I'd like to maybe do at least a couple, if possible. :)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hi, Rachel. It should be possible. :D The music sheets don't seem complicated and there are some very short songs.

I just finished a project and will get to work on launching the nursery rhymes. I'll post here once it is done.
Ezwa

Boileau

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello Nihal and Rachel,

The project is here. I'm planning to finish putting info on the number of verses and therefore the number of repeats of the score for each song. There are specific instructions for the recordings in the first post.
See you there, if you're game for it!
Ezwa

Boileau

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Ezwa!
I’ll check out the project/sheet music. I just got a new iPod so I think I have a way to record the piano 😍 (voice memos?? I’ll play around with it.)
Yeah, please lmk if you need repeats of the chorus or whatever— that’s my main question. I guess it depends on the song, though.
Also, I don’t read French lol but would be happy to do the piano anyway. Maybe I’ll use Google Translate just for fun to see the lyrics :lol:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
GraciousPanda

Post by GraciousPanda »

Hi Ezwa! I would love to play a few of these pieces. Could I take #30 and #35 for now, and record more later on if those are successful?

Best wishes,
Grace
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

HI Grace and welcome to LibriVox!

I'm sure ezwa will be delighted for you to help out, but please post in the project thread so that your claims are not lost: Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=82975

I'm locking this thread for this reason, if anyone is interested in playing a piece (or several), please claim in the project thread above.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com