Community Podcast: LibriVox During the Pandemic [COMPLETE!]

Non-reading activities need your help too!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

GregGiordano wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 9:56 pm Maria,

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but here is my contriubtion to this project. Thank you for putting it together!

Take care,

Greg

https://librivox.org/uploads/libraryanne/podcast149_greggiordano.mp3

Run time is 3:54
Thanks, Greg! It's so good to hear your voice again!
As to what I'm looking for, it's whatever you folks want to send.
Your contribution was something different, because yours is the perspective of an essential worker who did not have all that free time at home, who had to keep grinding away through this, unable to give LV the time you had hoped to give. Yet, as you point out, LV is still here, still going on, when so much else has closed down, giving the folks who must work throughout this stressful time something to listen to, when they want to unwind. Just chugging along as usual is something, and I'm glad you reminded us of that!
I hope you do eventually get time to return to recording when life quiets down.
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

commonsparrow3 wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 9:54 am
GregGiordano wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 9:56 pm Maria,

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but here is my contriubtion to this project. Thank you for putting it together!

Take care,

Greg

https://librivox.org/uploads/libraryanne/podcast149_greggiordano.mp3

Run time is 3:54
Thanks, Greg! It's so good to hear your voice again!
As to what I'm looking for, it's whatever you folks want to send.
Your contribution was something different, because yours is the perspective of an essential worker who did not have all that free time at home, who had to keep grinding away through this, unable to give LV the time you had hoped to give. Yet, as you point out, LV is still here, still going on, when so much else has closed down, giving the folks who must work throughout this stressful time something to listen to, when they want to unwind. Just chugging along as usual is something, and I'm glad you reminded us of that!
I hope you do eventually get time to return to recording when life quiets down.
Thank you for the encouraging words, Maria. I was hoping it would be relevant in some way and I'm glad it was. I had a lot more material that I recorded but when it became a biography of ALL my time with LV I scrapped it and cut it down to the few minutes I submitted.

I suppose a podcast regarding how LV has impacted our lives beyond COVID may be a good topic for a future podcast, it certainly wasn't what I think you were looking for in this project however.

Anyway, thank you again for your encouraging words. I can say that recording your piece, the final chapter of the project I mentioned (my final chapter in a collaborative effort anyway) and one poem about the sinking of the Titanic were all I managed since the arrival of COVID.

I find that inertia kicks in regarding LV. If I don't keep up with it I can easily find other ways to spend my limited free time. However, once I don the headphones I find the fire is rekindled and the desire to record once again seizes me. Thank YOU for giving me the reason to get back into LV again!

Take care,

Greg
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Just a reminder, for anyone who was planning to submit something for the podcast, that today is the last day for submissions. I'll close submissions tomorrow morning, so you night owls needn't worry. I respect all time zones, so as long as it's still May 27th anywhere, we're good!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Feel free to edit out the section about my early life in Germany. I think the episode about my second grade writing lessons are essential to the podcast, however.

https://librivox.org/uploads/libraryanne/podcast149_ks.mp3 (1:34)
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

KevinS wrote: May 27th, 2020, 11:46 am Feel free to edit out the section about my early life in Germany. I think the episode about my second grade writing lessons are essential to the podcast, however.

Thanks for this, Kevin! I'm a little puzzled, as there's nothing in here about either Germany or second grade. But what is here will be excellent material for the podcast.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

commonsparrow3 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 12:10 pm
KevinS wrote: May 27th, 2020, 11:46 am Feel free to edit out the section about my early life in Germany. I think the episode about my second grade writing lessons are essential to the podcast, however.

Thanks for this, Kevin! I'm a little puzzled, as there's nothing in here about either Germany or second grade. But what is here will be excellent material for the podcast.
My sense of humor is returning!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

KevinS wrote: May 27th, 2020, 12:26 pm
commonsparrow3 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 12:10 pm

:D :clap:
benderca

Post by benderca »

commonsparrow3 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 12:38 pm
KevinS wrote: May 27th, 2020, 12:26 pm
commonsparrow3 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 12:10 pm Thanks for this, Kevin! I'm a little puzzled, as there's nothing in here about either Germany or second grade. But what is here will be excellent material for the podcast.
:D :clap:
Awww, man! And I really wanted to hear about those second grade writing lessons... :D
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Thanks to everyone who contributed material -- I think this is going to be a very interesting podcast!

We're now closed to contributions, so I can get the editing started.

I'll post here when we are ready to catalog. I'm aiming for sometime between Saturday night and Sunday noon.

Libraryanne very kindly allowed us to use her folder as a place to upload files while this work was in progress, but is not otherwise involved, so I will need some other MC to take care of getting us cataloged when finished. I hope someone can help us with that last step when the time comes.
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

benderca wrote: May 28th, 2020, 5:56 am
KevinS wrote: May 27th, 2020, 12:26 pm My sense of humor is returning!
Awww, man! And I really wanted to hear about those second grade writing lessons... :D
Yes, Kevin, your remark accompanying your submission really does give us the humor you promised! May I reference that remark in the commentary when I introduce your contribution? And also benderca's reply? I think it would add to the amusement level of the podcast nicely!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

commonsparrow3 wrote: May 28th, 2020, 6:01 am
benderca wrote: May 28th, 2020, 5:56 am
KevinS wrote: May 27th, 2020, 12:26 pm My sense of humor is returning!
Yes, Kevin, your remark accompanying your submission really does give us the humor you promised! May I reference that remark in the commentary when I introduce your contribution? And also benderca's reply? I think it would add to the amusement level of the podcast nicely!
Do with me as you will; I cannot resist your charm.
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

KevinS wrote: May 28th, 2020, 8:25 amDo with me as you will; I cannot resist your charm.
Thanks, Kevin! (Good to know the ol' charm still works!)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Upload the finished podcast to the same folder, then PM me the link. Also, we'll need the "show notes" (example here - the top part). I will take it from there. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

TriciaG wrote: May 28th, 2020, 9:11 am Upload the finished podcast to the same folder, then PM me the link. Also, we'll need the "show notes" (example here - the top part). I will take it from there. :)
Thank you, Tricia! I'll PM the link when it's ready, and will post the "show notes" in this thread.
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Also, I just noticed that there is already a Podcast #149, so I guess this one is actually Podcast #150. :oops:
All the contributors' files say 149, but that won't matter, since they'll be edited together anyway. And I will make sure to remember to name the finished file 150!