Community Podcast: LibriVox During the Pandemic [COMPLETE!]

Non-reading activities need your help too!
schrm

Post by schrm »

edit:
i'm sorry i take back my recording - i need to edit it, the result was an insult to my ears...
i will reupload the next days..
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

schrm wrote: May 13th, 2020, 3:07 am edit:
i'm sorry i take back my recording - i need to edit it, the result was an insult to my ears...
i will reupload the next days..
There it was -- and gone again -- before I even saw it arrive!
Ah, well, you are the best judge of your own recordings.
I will look forward to catching it the next time it comes this way!
schrm

Post by schrm »

heyho

here it is...

https://librivox.org/uploads/libraryanne/podcast149_schrm.mp3
Track Length
3:15,00 (m:ss.ss)

this recording is in the public domain
(means: do with it, as you wish to :-) )

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

schrm wrote: May 17th, 2020, 12:44 pm heyho

here it is...

https://librivox.org/uploads/libraryanne/podcast149_schrm.mp3
Track Length
3:15,00 (m:ss.ss)

this recording is in the public domain
(means: do with it, as you wish to :-) )

cheers,
Thank you, schrm! This will make a wonderful addition to the podcast.
"LibriVox keeps me sane"-- that's a sentiment I could echo myself, and I suspect that's true for a lot of us.

When I look at the LOTE projects on LV, I seem to see a lot in the German language, though I wasn't really clear on whether we many readers in German, or just the same few readers doing many projects. It's good to hear that topic discussed.

Also, what you said about going back to work was a good point. A reminder to the rest of us not to over-commit to projects, because eventually we will go back to work, and have much less time to give to them.

Still, I'm glad you are able to come out of isolation and return to work in Austria. Here in New York, we are just starting a gradual re-opening process. The places I work will be in the final phase of re-opening, so I have about another month to wait. (Plenty of time to do some LibriVoxing!)
schrm

Post by schrm »

commonsparrow3 wrote: May 17th, 2020, 2:02 pm Thank you, schrm! This will make a wonderful addition to the podcast.
"LibriVox keeps me sane"-- that's a sentiment I could echo myself, and I suspect that's true for a lot of us.

When I look at the LOTE projects on LV, I seem to see a lot in the German language, though I wasn't really clear on whether we many readers in German, or just the same few readers doing many projects. It's good to hear that topic discussed.

Also, what you said about going back to work was a good point. A reminder to the rest of us not to over-commit to projects, because eventually we will go back to work, and have much less time to give to them.

Still, I'm glad you are able to come out of isolation and return to work in Austria. Here in New York, we are just starting a gradual re-opening process. The places I work will be in the final phase of re-opening, so I have about another month to wait. (Plenty of time to do some LibriVoxing!)
glad you can use some parts or the recording :-)

greetings to new york! and my best wishes, stay strong and stay healthy (with librivoxing 8-) )
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

schrm wrote: May 17th, 2020, 2:26 pmglad you can use some parts or the recording :-)

greetings to new york! and my best wishes, stay strong and stay healthy (with librivoxing 8-) )
Oh, I will use all parts of the recording, unless I get so many contributions that we run over time - (which so far doesn't look to be a concern!)
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

okay, I finally found a moment to record some thoughts:
https://librivox.org/uploads/libraryanne/podcast149_amelia.mp3

thanks for getting this podcast going, Maria.
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

plaidsicle wrote: May 20th, 2020, 8:42 am okay, I finally found a moment to record some thoughts:
https://librivox.org/uploads/libraryanne/podcast149_amelia.mp3

thanks for getting this podcast going, Maria.
Thank you, Amelia, for this wonderful contribution! You've raised a lot of interesting points in just a few minutes, plenty to think about. Moving to a new place in the middle of such a crazy time had to have been stressful, and yet you remembered "Oh, yeah, the acoustics might be different", so you made sure to record the last sections of your solo before moving -- and now you can sit back and edit while you get used to your new recording venue. That's just one interesting point among many. So, thanks again for this!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, here you go! Not very polished, and a bit over 6 minutes. But since I was presenting a little of my own experience as well as the stats, I figured you'd forgive me for the length. ;)

https://librivox.org/uploads/libraryanne/podcast149_triciag.mp3
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

TriciaG wrote: May 20th, 2020, 11:26 am OK, here you go! Not very polished, and a bit over 6 minutes. But since I was presenting a little of my own experience as well as the stats, I figured you'd forgive me for the length. ;)

https://librivox.org/uploads/libraryanne/podcast149_triciag.mp3
Oh, thank you, Tricia! The stats will give us a nice bit of factual definition for the podcast, which I had been hoping to be able to include, and they were well-presented for listening - (I know from reading government report LV projects that figuring out how to make stats intelligible when a listener doesn't have the spreadsheet in front of them is a challenge!)

And I'm glad you included the part discussing your own experience. Would you mind if I made one edit? You talk about how you have to record in a different room in your house, because of your husband working from home in your usual recording space, and how this other room is more exposed to street noises. Then, later in the recording, your stats rundown is interrupted by a motorcycle passing by! I think it would be delicious if the motorcycle interruption happened earlier, when you are talking about the street noises. Would it be "cheating" if I moved the motorcycle bit to that spot?

Thank you, again, for this contribution!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ha ha! I purposely left that motorcycle in. It was great!

I don't think it'll edit well into another spot, though, since it started when I was talking about our record month. And I spoke a little funny at the end of the sentence because of the rumble. :hmm:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

TriciaG wrote: May 20th, 2020, 12:09 pm Ha ha! I purposely left that motorcycle in. It was great!

I don't think it'll edit well into another spot, though, since it started when I was talking about our record month. And I spoke a little funny at the end of the sentence because of the rumble. :hmm:
Ah, well -- it'll have to stay where it is then. But I'm glad you left it in -- because it does make for a chuckle!
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

Here are my thoughts - kept them short and sweet :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/libraryanne/podcast149_julianpratley.mp3 (0:47)
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

julianpratley wrote: May 21st, 2020, 6:17 pm Here are my thoughts - kept them short and sweet :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/libraryanne/podcast149_julianpratley.mp3 (0:47)
Short and sweet, indeed! Though very concise, you brought up a point that I've often thought of as what I like best about LV -- the way it brings us together from everywhere to work on a common goal. :thumbs:

Also, I'm very glad to have some remarks from one of our newest members included in the podcast. Thank you, Julian!
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Maria,

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but here is my contriubtion to this project. Thank you for putting it together!

Take care,

Greg

https://librivox.org/uploads/libraryanne/podcast149_greggiordano.mp3

Run time is 3:54