Podcast: Pay no attention to the person behind the curtain!

Non-reading activities need your help too!
KevinS

Post by KevinS » June 25th, 2019, 5:39 pm

I very much desire to produce a brief (or longer) Community Podcast. It sounds like great fun, even though a challenge.

My latest idea is to have folks record a bit about the 'real' them. From where are you recording? A studio or your kitchen table? Or do you like the acoustics under the covers? (I've heard about that!) How do you prepare? Water, vodka, snacks, a lucky hat? Do you warm up? How? How do you keep from swearing? Or do you just not restrain yourself? (There's always the editing period.) Do you like to edit? Do you fight for quiet in the house? Do your loved ones co-operate? Do your loved ones understand what it is that you do?

There is a lot here for discussion, real suggestions for improvement, laughs.

I myself want to talk about envy. How in blazes does everyone but me SOUND SO GOOD?!

What do you think?

How do I promote this?

Surely we don't have to wait until Christmas.
E agora, José?

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » June 25th, 2019, 7:27 pm

No, you don't have to wait, just have people interested in contributing and prepared to when the time comes. And for some reason the last few attempts have not evoked much interest.
My suspicion is that many subjects have been covered before but that is a guess. We've many threads about where and how people record and how they prepare so "older"members are less likely to be interested, but I really don't know. But you definitely need to do some great spruiking to get good contributions.
Try searching this forum for podcast and see how others have got on.

Anne

KevinS

Post by KevinS » June 26th, 2019, 4:44 am

Thanks for your reply. (Hahaha! I had to look up 'spruiking'!)
E agora, José?

cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 » July 10th, 2019, 9:20 am

That sounds like a ton of fun. Let me know when you get it started. I would love to record a segment for it :D
~Luke Castle
Limited wifi. Please bear with me until we get it fixed

My projects that need readers
Bealby
Freckles The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard Unprofessional Tales|DPL needed

Dramatic Read!The Blind Brother